Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sig 100 #1 ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope that Tesla is keeping sig#1 for their museum, and that it will someday be as impressive as Daimler's museum.

I'd be surprised if they kept it. Remember that they were having lots of trouble producing any cars at all then, so slipping one car would have made a noticable difference to the quite unhappy customers at the time. Maybe they'll be able to buy it back somtime, though.

I am thinking that "TESLA 1" plate may be misleading.
Some Googling suggests that car may be #43 and went to the Gateway Auto Museum in Colorado.

4025497936_dce75a9840_z.jpg

Last edited:
I am thinking that "TESLA 1" plate may be misleading.
Some Googling suggests that car may be #43 and went to the Gateway Auto Museum in Colorado.
The dash looks lighter in #43, but appears to be standard black in "TESLA 1" - i.e., they may not be the same car unless somebody paid to swap out the dash in between the photos.

I got from one to the other from that "Unforgettable Adventure" banner.
The Gateway Auto Museum is somewhat affiliated with that enterprise.

3313664963_1cbe7dd63a_b.jpg

4025497936_dce75a9840_b.jpg

I think that is just photo lighting. I think it is the same car in Signature Green, which can look almost black for indoor photos.
I've seen the Signature Green in person, and it sure does look black indoors until you pay close attention.

As for lighting, I compared the steering wheel color to the dash color in each. The photo with a lighter dash looks darker outside, but the steering wheel looks the same color in each. I suppose it's not terribly important, but I still think the dash is different. At any rate, I'm certain there's more than one Signature Green with those same seats.