TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here:

Signature Model X - White Seats?

Discussion in 'Model X: Interior & Exterior' started by Brett, Oct 1, 2015.

1. Brett

Brett Member

Jul 10, 2013
    Los Angeles
    So I received the "Config your Model X" email on Tuesday. We have until 10/06 before order is confirmed.

My wife chose the Pearl White exterior, White interior, White headliner, Carbon Fiber accent. Triple White.

Now, we are both concerned about keeping the white seats staying white, and are considering black seats.

She LOVES the look of the white. My question to the group is how resilient is the finish to clothes, oils, crumbs etc? Will it stay white without major deep cleanings? Does anyone have experience with this material and finish that can share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
  2. MoeMistry

MoeMistry Local Vendor - SoCal

Jul 31, 2013
    Southern California
    No worries on keeping white seats clean. Just do a proper conditioning of the leather first, or better yet, a nano coating on the leather. Then just stay on top of it and routinely clean the leather.

Life's too short to settle for less than what you want ;)
  3. TEG

TEG TMC Moderator

Aug 20, 2006
    Silicon Valley
    It looked like most of the Founders' Xs, including Elon's were coming with white seats. If it is good enough for them...