Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Signing today...or so I thought.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wife and I headed down to Tesla in Rocklin for our 1PM signing and walk-through. On the way—about 10 minutes before 1–our Salesperson called us to tell us that during the final detailing of my wife’s Model 3, Tesla discovered a leak (or something) that allowed water to accumulate in the trunk. No bueno. I wanted to sign (on behalf of my business) and then my wife schedule delivery later. My Salesperson, Connie, was great and tried to accommodate my preference, but higher-ups said the Owner has to take delivery at the time of signing. So, we went home. She said if a part is needed it could take about a week. Hmmm.

• Helpful
Reactions: DR61
Wife and I headed down to Tesla in Rocklin for our 1PM signing and walk-through. On the way—about 10 minutes before 1–our Salesperson called us to tell us that during the final detailing of my wife’s Model 3, Tesla discovered a leak (or something) that allowed water to accumulate in the trunk. No bueno. I wanted to sign (on behalf of my business) and then my wife schedule delivery later. My Salesperson, Connie, was great and tried to accommodate my preference, but higher-ups said the Owner has to take delivery at the time of signing. So, we went home. She said if a part is needed it could take about a week. Hmmm.

Hopefully (and likely) a minor seal issue. It amazing how little of a gap can leak water. They probably didn’t find it until the cleanup for delivery. Disappointing I’m sure but saves a later service appointment.

Any update on this? I might have a similar problem. First time around, I found the trunk footwell soaked in water (the next morning after a rainy day). Second time around i noticed water actually dripping into the trunk when its open on a rainy day.

I have the same problem as chibi. Every time it rains, the lower trunk has water in it. I realize that water will run right into the trunk when opened and the car is wet, but this is not the case here. The last rain left over half a gallon of water in the trunk. I sucked it out with a shop vac best I could, but can't get it all. I worry about mold and rust and water damage to not only the liner, but whatever else is under there. Going back to the shop next week.

I have the same problem as chibi. Every time it rains, the lower trunk has water in it. I realize that water will run right into the trunk when opened and the car is wet, but this is not the case here. The last rain left over half a gallon of water in the trunk. I sucked it out with a shop vac best I could, but can't get it all. I worry about mold and rust and water damage to not only the liner, but whatever else is under there. Going back to the shop next week.

Seems like my car has similar issue, was noticed when we did the walk-through on Tuesday 7/3. I was told I'll know more tonight but was originally told it might be a seal but they needed it for a few days to be sure.

I'll keep you updated.