Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I would like your thought on a possible change to my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What? I had my 2018 Model 3 wrapped and never had an issue. I mean it is 8mm of polyurethane over an ultrasonic sensor which is it's self behind plastic painted to match the rest of the car body. Gotta say I have head some uninformed Tesla employee statements in the past but this ranks up there in low confidence category :)

I agree. I have asked a number of wrapped Tesla owners and not one said the wrap has caused problems.

Tesla was mainly talking about a wrap that has a lot of metallic flakes in it.

Last edited:
If you really want to stand out, sell it and get a Porsche Taycan or something else like that.

My wife wanted me to buy the MS Plaid but I decided on the M3P and very happy. I've owned a Porsch or two over the years but wouldn't trade with what I'm driving.

All I wanted was to be a tad different than all the other, many white M3's in the neighborhood.

To be a tad different: I had the above rims made for me with my off-set specs.

Stock rims are 9.20 Tires 235.35.20
My fronts are 8.5.20, rears 10x20
front tires 245.35.20, rear 285.30.20

Since this will probably be my last car to own, I might do a wrap when/if I get tired of white

What? I had my 2018 Model 3 wrapped and never had an issue. I mean it is 8mm of polyurethane over an ultrasonic sensor which is it's self behind plastic painted to match the rest of the car body. Gotta say I have head some uninformed Tesla employee statements in the past but this ranks up there in low confidence category :)
Every week I hear at least one new false report about Teslas. Many times the misinformation is given out by Tesla drivers who have driven their cars for a long time!

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
8mm? What did you wrap it with, truck bed coating? I'm assuming you mean .008" or about 0.2mm?

• Funny
Reactions: afadeev