Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I would like your thought on a possible change to my car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I live in So. California where Teslas are dime-a-dozen. Yesterday, I stopped at a red light and counted five Teslas that were stopped beside me at the light (three were white).

Over time I have changed the outside of my white model 3 Performance to make it a tad different then the many others in the neighborhood.

One such change are the wheels. I like the look of the Ubertine rims but wanted it to look a tad different. I had rims forged and made for me with my specs and offsets. The back rims and tires are 285.30.20 tires on 10" rims. The fronts are 245.35.20 on 8.5" rims vs the stock 235.35.20 all around

Here's the front of my car. yes, I know. It's a more than just a tad change

tesla3.jpg

The teeth? I love this is why. My wife had a major stroke earlier this year plus she has dementia. After the hospital stay, an ambulance had to take her 100 miles to a special rehab center. I followed the ambulance in our car the best I could. I later discovered that my wife was comforted by the fact that she could see our car and remembered it had teeth knowing it was me.

Now that I have given you a little understanding of me. This is what I would love to hear from you...

I am considering changing the stock emblem

Tesla 1.jpg
for
tesla 2.jpg

Am I too far off on this change? Usually, I jump right on a change but this one I keep going back and forth. Change or not to change?

I came to my senses and put it away not ever to be used

For what my wife went through she's doing well, thank you. The operating doc said it was a miracle that she lived

View attachment 981471 Put away not to be used
Glad to hear your wife is doing well. BTW, I've always loved the teeth on your car, also here in the Bay Area, white Teslas are so common, it's not uncommon for 3 white ones to be stopped back to back to back at red lights. Heck, I even have 2 in my garage!

Glad to hear your wife is doing well. BTW, I've always loved the teeth on your car, also here in the Bay Area, white Teslas are so common, it's not uncommon for 3 white ones to be stopped back to back to back at red lights. Heck, I even have 2 in my garage!

Then you're part of the "white" problem of too many

I purchased my first white Tesla in 2019. Back then people would follow me to get a better look and would ask me to stop so they could get an even better once over. Only a few Teslas out there

Now I'm trying to do my best to separate myself from the "many" white Teslas :)

Saw this car this morning. Different

pink.jpg

Reactions: CCopperpot

I live in So. California where Teslas are dime-a-dozen. Yesterday, I stopped at a red light and counted five Teslas that were stopped beside me at the light (three were white).

Over time I have changed the outside of my white model 3 Performance to make it a tad different then the many others in the neighborhood.

One such change are the wheels. I like the look of the Ubertine rims but wanted it to look a tad different. I had rims forged and made for me with my specs and offsets. The back rims and tires are 285.30.20 tires on 10" rims. The fronts are 245.35.20 on 8.5" rims vs the stock 235.35.20 all around

Here's the front of my car. yes, I know. It's a more than just a tad change

View attachment 981430

The teeth? I love this is why. My wife had a major stroke earlier this year plus she has dementia. After the hospital stay, an ambulance had to take her 100 miles to a special rehab center. I followed the ambulance in our car the best I could. I later discovered that my wife was comforted by the fact that she could see our car and remembered it had teeth knowing it was me.

Now that I have given you a little understanding of me. This is what I would love to hear from you...

I am considering changing the stock emblem

View attachment 981420 for View attachment 981421

Am I too far off on this change? Usually, I jump right on a change but this one I keep going back and forth. Change or not to change?

No on the emblem. Don't lie.

The model 3 doesn't come in plaid.

Dual motor performance is quick enough.

Reactions: arrow7 and JimShaw

I purchased my first white Tesla in 2019. Back then people would follow me to get a better look and would ask me to stop so they could get an even better once over. Only a few Teslas out there

View attachment 981490
Has Mary Kay gone from pink Cadillacs to Teslas?

I was going to wrap but a couple Tesla managers told me that that was a bad idea because they have seen many wraps have trouble with the sensors. They also said they have seen ghosting with PPF. My whole front has been PPFed but the sensors have not been covered.

Maybe when the sensors have been completely shut down on my car. The pink Tesla above is a 2023 with no sensors.

View attachment 981490
That pink M3 looks like a mobile billboard for Pepto Bismol.

Reactions: JimShaw
I was going to wrap but a couple Tesla managers told me that that was a bad idea because they have seen many wraps have trouble with the sensors. They also said they have seen ghosting with PPF. My whole front has been PPFed but the sensors have not been covered.

What? I had my 2018 Model 3 wrapped and never had an issue. I mean it is 8mm of polyurethane over an ultrasonic sensor which is it's self behind plastic painted to match the rest of the car body. Gotta say I have head some uninformed Tesla employee statements in the past but this ranks up there in low confidence category :)