Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Silver with Grey Interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am hours away from finalizing my order but still undecided on final colors. Has anyone ever seen the Silver/Grey combo? I love the interior and I am wanting a lighter exterior for its ability to hide dirt a bit better plus like the pretty lines of the car to show more. Already have two white cars so gotta go with something different for fear of looking like a family out of A Clockwork Orange. Silver is nice but wonder if it's too boring with grey interior.

Go for it--we have silver with the gray leather. The gray is very light and looks great with the black dash, doors, and floor mats. We have the 21" silver wheels and black top (no pano). The black top is not that noticeable. We have the lacewood which does not seem as popular, but I prefer it over the other options. After 14,000 miles the seats show no wear, but we are showing wear a the B post pillar.

Last edited:
I think that would be a gorgeous combination! I've also always been a favor of Blue w/ Grey interior too. You can check out these two places to see if there are any images but I would encourage you to push that confirm button! The waits are into January at this point and once you push confirm you will have your glorious spot in line :)

Check:
Home | Tesla Model S
and
Model S Photo Gallery

What model are you getting? Tex will try to talk you into a + if you get anything less - YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! :tongue:

I am hours away from finalizing my order but still undecided on final colors. Has anyone ever seen the Silver/Grey combo? I love the interior and I am wanting a lighter exterior for its ability to hide dirt a bit better plus like the pretty lines of the car to show more. Already have two white cars so gotta go with something different for fear of looking like a family out of A Clockwork Orange. Silver is nice but wonder if it's too boring with grey interior.

If you like it, then go for it. I personally like the silver/black interiors. There are great products out there that'll make it easy to care for the interior.

In the end, I always tell my clients that are worried about what others may think...you're the one writing the check. If it looks good to you, get it and enjoy it. Don't ge wrong...there are bad combos...but you in particular cannot go wrong either black/gray interior. You'll be driving one of the coolest cars on the road.

Go for it--we have silver with the gray leather. The gray is very light and looks great with the black dash, doors, and floor mats. We have the 21" silver wheels and black top (no pano). The black top is not that noticeable. We have the lacewood which does not seem as popular...

My wife and I just ordered an S85 in silver with a black roof and grey interior, after much deliberation and seeing that combo and many others in real life we decided it was our favorite! We don't like all black interiors. The grey seats and door panels look great with the black dash and other interior trim.

Though honestly the shape of the car is so beautiful it looks incredible in any color!

There was a silver/grey P85+ in the Scottsdale store with the dark grey turbine wheels (it was purchased by someone). I would have traded my car instantly for it, best looking Tesla I've seen to date. I'm coming from a white/black with dark grey wheels.

I've had my silver exterior/gray interior since January - and like the combination. NOTE that even with the gray interior, there still is a lot of black in the car (such as the carpets).

You've probably confirmed your order by now........but just to say that the grey interior is by far my favorite. I haven't seen it with silver but I'm sure it will look nice......it looks great with green, grey and blue!

Not sure if it's too late, but count me in as another fan of silver exterior + grey interior. As you can see in my sig, I have a P85 with base 19" wheels. Here's an exterior photo, taken last month in Philadelphia, where you can kinda see some of the grey interior.
IMG_0321.JPG

Hi, thanks for all you thoughts. The good news is I ordered my P85+ but chose grey/grey, however, still thinking I want to change to silver/grey.

Fluxemag, I wish I could have seen the silver/grey you saw with the grey wheels...I would have thought that combo wouldn't work as well as having the silver wheels. Anyone else seen the silver/grey/grey combo in person?

Hi, thanks for all you thoughts. The good news is I ordered my P85+ but chose grey/grey, however, still thinking I want to change to silver/grey.

Fluxemag, I wish I could have seen the silver/grey you saw with the grey wheels...I would have thought that combo wouldn't work as well as having the silver wheels. Anyone else seen the silver/grey/grey combo in person?

I have seen both the grey and the silver exterior colors with the grey wheels. They are both stunning and you can't go wrong with either. If I had to distinguish, I would say grey/grey is more stealth fighter and silver grey is more James Bond. The blacked out roof on the silver really sets it off and was surprisingly unique to my eyes. Congratulations either way and POST PICS when you get her. ;)

Well, I switched back to silver and confirmed my order after my wife said I was just like my dad (who takes about 3 years agonizing over every car purchase and drives his extended family insane in the process). Went with P85+, grey performance interior with obeche matte, pano, parking, fog lamps, ultra hifi and silver 21". Can't wait!