Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Simple app request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My schedule is never regular. I need an app where I can easily tell it that I'm gonna depart at say 8am tomorrow, and it will start charging at the right time so that it will be charged right around 8am and ready with cabin preconditioned.

I can probably sort of do that with the Tesla app but I find it confusing, and I have to remember to turn it off after it happens so it doesn't do it every freakin day for the rest of my life lol...

Thanks for any info,
Trace

You can absolutely turn this on via the tesla app.

Schedule -> departure -> set precondition & off-peak.
When you’re done turn it back to scheduled charging with a click or two

Pretty simple stuff and you don’t have to give your credentials to a 3rd party.

My schedule is never regular. I need an app where I can easily tell it that I'm gonna depart at say 8am tomorrow, and it will start charging at the right time so that it will be charged right around 8am and ready with cabin preconditioned.

I can probably sort of do that with the Tesla app but I find it confusing, and I have to remember to turn it off after it happens so it doesn't do it every freakin day for the rest of my life lol...

Some third-party apps allow custom day by day schedules. I'm using Tessie, and it works very well.

Used to use TeslaMate but moved away from it when the original developer abandoned the project.

Reactions: Benito1283
Yes right, problem is I forget to turn it off and first thing I know it has been doing it every day for a month. It's dumb that you can only select every day or weekdays. For me (and I would imagine many others) that works for zero of the events in my life.
I have read that services like teslafi or teslascope provide a one-shot preconditioning scheduled event capability. It's also possible using home automation software, like homeassistant, though the learning curve is a bit much for this one application.

I agree that one-shot schedule is an oversight in the app.

Reactions: OxBrew