Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

simple question: Any front camera view when parking? [No]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the cameras show behind me and the sides looking back…

but i want to look forward and see in front…

and see the front sides so i can see the lines …

it’s a pretty basic ask…is it not able to show this, eg help me park?

i love my MY…but i just assumed tesla was the gold standard in tech…with lots of cameras…

when i pull into a space a camera to show me how close i am to the car in front of me and where i am relative to the lines…that would be a nice little help…

i guess i assume it would have those bells and whistles…

Reactions: Porkalletta
Nope there’s no camera in the front bumper. And if you have a new one there’s no parking sensors to help with parking either.

You can back into a spot instead of pulling in if you need the camera to avoid hitting the curb or something else.

i love my MY…but i just assumed tesla was the gold standard in tech…with lots of cameras…

when i pull into a space a camera to show me how close i am to the car in front of me and where i am relative to the lines…that would be a nice little help…

i guess i assume it would have those bells and whistles…
To save you another post, a couple other key features Tesla is missing are rear cross traffic and pedestrian warning. And blind spot is essential non-functional. Those are table stakes features on just about every other car on the market now. My hunch is that the new HW4 platform will patch a lot of these holes when it fully rolls out, but that will also require new sensors not in our current cars. (Cross traffic needs rear, side firing radar or cameras.)

The "No USS in 2023 models" customers (which includes me) are all wondering whether or not Tesla's statement that new vision software will bring back obstacle avoidance and awareness is totally BS or not. It has been 4 months now, with no hint that it is going to ever happen.

The "No USS in 2023 models" customers (which includes me) are all wondering whether or not Tesla's statement that new vision software will bring back obstacle avoidance and awareness is totally BS or not. It has been 4 months now, with no hint that it is going to ever happen.
Pretty sure it's been 6 months now.

Every Tesla owner of some generation has a few features that never work, either ever or for a time. Early buyers still don't have a workable Summon or Self Park. There were no workable auto rain wipers for years. About 2015 - 2018 S's and X's had screens with a thick yellow border that formed around them. There is a long list.

"Tomorrow" there will be a new one too. It's just part of the company ethos; they move faster than they can deliver sometimes.

Reactions: VegasMYP
I meant front plates ;)

It doesn’t matter whether you install on front plate or the rear.

Reactions: whisperingshad
To save you another post, a couple other key features Tesla is missing are rear cross traffic and pedestrian warning. And blind spot is essential non-functional. Those are table stakes features on just about every other car on the market now. My hunch is that the new HW4 platform will patch a lot of these holes when it fully rolls out, but that will also require new sensors not in our current cars. (Cross traffic needs rear, side firing radar or cameras.)
Underrated post for those coming from cars with these features. :D The absence of rear cross traffic and blindspot alerts (and no, adding the display in the center display doesn't count :D) is a huge QOL loss. The MY C-pillars are pretty massive and the rear camera isn't wide enough so I always find myself double-taking whenever I back out.

Reactions: E90alex
It has been 4 months now, with no hint that it is going to ever happen.
This isn’t entirely true, there have been vehicles seen in the wild that are running vision based parking sensor code, presumably for testing, so it does seem like it’s something they are working towards.

Whether it will work well enough to see release in a reasonable timeframe is still a valid question.

This isn’t entirely true, there have been vehicles seen in the wild that are running vision based parking sensor code, presumably for testing, so it does seem like it’s something they are working towards.

Are you referring to this report?

When there is more than one story like this I might get excited, but I don't trust Tesla to get this done anytime soon in my car.

Are you referring to this report?

When there is more than one story like this I might get excited, but I don't trust Tesla to get this done anytime soon in my car.
Yeah. There was also a car that was in a collision and had the bumpers removed (so, the car had USS by design but they were not present) and it was still displaying distances, suggesting that there's some A/B testing going on.

I think our current Teslas are out of luck
The software updates aren't going to change much, maybe a Chime or something similar otherwise new hardware will be needed
The removal of sensors is a cutting cost strategy. Nothing personal folks.

Reactions: Amr Wahbi