Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Single Women Tesla Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree, the MS is the only car that I think looks sharp in standard white, especially with dark tint and as much dark trim as you can stand. The pearl white is a totally different vibe. Beautiful in a different way.

I must be color blind. I could never tell the difference between the standard white and the pearl white.

I have a metallic white Prius that cost extra. I love pearly white normally. I paid for my ex-husband to have his Nissan 300ZX refurbished. We chose a color that was made of nothing but the pearl powder the body guy told us. It had been a Cadillac color. It was gorgeous. Too bad my ex was such a crap driver. Totalled that car. We had redone the whole upholstery and put a new engine in it... long story. State Farm screwed us over in the end. Douchebags.

Anyway, in the Tesla store, I looked at both paints. The Pearl White was creamy colored with the pearlescence. In the end, it was the money. It just didn't seem worth it. The white is very clean looking to me. Modern. Sleek. And I wanted to spend the money on other things. I also chose the textile seats. I have read the leather stretches. And living part time in southern AZ, I have burned the hell out of my butt and thighs on hot seats. And since the textile comes with seat heaters, I just chose to spend the money on other things.

This is my first time going all out on an automobile. Fanciest car I have had before now was VW Passat (top tier model) back in 2004, I think. This is a stretch for me psychologically, more than financially.

On a side note, I told my mom yesterday that I had ordered the Model S and she shrieked over the phone with excitement. After we talked a bit about it, sottovoce she asked, do you mind me asking how much you are paying for it? I told her and then said, I bet when you come and visit this summer and get a load of how awesome it is, you are going to end up getting one. She laughed and said, yeah, maybe...

Last edited:
I also find it funny because I was indulging in major Tesla time with a friend in Baltimore who somehow blustered out: "yeah, but Tesla won't succeed as a girl car, guys don't care about being green, they need to win a NASCAR race." Obviously, I didn't know my audience. I gave him a test drive - he wants to show it off to his other guy friends.

Ahem... I know of at least one female Tesla owner who is green and is working towards winning a NASCAR race. Tell your friend those are not mutually exclusive events. :wink:

Curious to know if other Single Women Tesla owners threads are here or elsewhere.

In Virginia and elsewhere the dealerships fight direct to consumer sales. Going to a dealership is a dreadful experience and one that nearly everyone avoids doing alone. I'm searching for a group of ladies who might share a woman's perspective of Telsa ownership. For me I can say I absolutely adore never having to haggle with salesmen or get hustled by a mechanic. The two tiny repairs I've needed in my 2015 Model S we done in mere minutes right in front of my home by a mobile Tesla tech.

First time I have seen this thread. A Tesla group for women might be fun!

I am not single, but I am female and an aerospace engineer, which seems even rarer most days. My husband is also an engineer, but of the software sort, so he doesn't like to get his hands dirty. ;) I am the one normally found out in the garage working on the cars or fixing up stuff around the house.

I trend towards the nerd spectrum being an engineer, so I currently own a Volt which is the coolest tech car out there other than Tesla. Reserved my Model 3 (the Model S is out of my price range) and am really looking forward to officially becoming a Tesla owner.

Technically I'm single...it's complicated. But as far as car purchases, I'm 100% on my own there! I'm the true car nut in this relationship, and he's cheap so...

I have purchased many cars new from a dealership, and while I can't say I enjoyed it, it wasn't as bad as it is for a lot of women. Mostly because I do my research before stepping foot in the door, so I know what I want, what's a fair price, I arrange my financing beforehand, etc. Still, they try to pull crap at first. Annoying. Buying my first Tesla was a joy. Did it sitting in my living room late one night. Bought my second one using the screen in my first one!

Service has been phenomenal, although I've rarely needed anything. I've run across a quite a few single women Tesla owners!

Reactions: OregonHill
thanks for the recent posts !

As we meet more ladies who, for whatever reason, can share their experience of independently buying & owning a Tesla let's encourage them to follow this group. Surely a lot of single women made the decision to pre-order a Model 3 !

A bit of background...I've always taken the check from my credit union to the dealer for all my car purchases so financing wasn't ever the issue. I've always done my research. I bought my first car in 1990 with my husband. A few months later I purchased a jeep for his birthday as a surprise and the #%££>*!! salesmen at the dealership kept asking for him to be with me. Dude I have a check, this is a cash deal!!! My husband doesn't need to sign anything! I've had issues with car dealers ever since.

Fast forward to my now ex-husband running a Lexus dealership service department during the 1990s so yes I've seen and lived both sides of the coin...I know first hand how they operate and WE DONT NEED DEALERSHIPS.
Ok I will end my rant....
need to go walk the dogs and rinse the pollen off my Model S
:)

@OregonHill, yup, it was a Virginia dealership that called me up and said "we have the car you want at the price you want" (I'd made it clear that I wanted the USAA pre-negotiated $50 over invoice - with USAA's version of invoice) and when I got there they offered me MSRP. I made it clear that I didn't appreciate their wasting my time. They told me "this is a very good price, why don't you go home and ask your boyfriend." I called a MD dealer, talked to the only female salesperson they had and bought what I wanted that afternoon. Someone with the same last name as the VA dealer called me on Monday to ask what he could do to put me in a brand new car. I told him my story. I explained I would never go to them again. He thanked me for my time. It wasn't mutual.

So, are you coming on Tesla Roadtrip to Williamsburg? Maybe we should do a Tesla Ladies picture... I think I know a good photographer ;)

@OregonHill, yup, it was a Virginia dealership that called me up and said "we have the car you want at the price you want" (I'd made it clear that I wanted the USAA pre-negotiated $50 over invoice - with USAA's version of invoice) and when I got there they offered me MSRP. I made it clear that I didn't appreciate their wasting my time. They told me "this is a very good price, why don't you go home and ask your boyfriend." I called a MD dealer, talked to the only female salesperson they had and bought what I wanted that afternoon. Someone with the same last name as the VA dealer called me on Monday to ask what he could do to put me in a brand new car. I told him my story. I explained I would never go to them again. He thanked me for my time. It wasn't mutual.

So, are you coming on Tesla Roadtrip to Williamsburg? Maybe we should do a Tesla Ladies picture... I think I know a good photographer ;)

Great (yet sad) example....these are exactly the type of stories I'm looking for!!
.."go get your husband...go ask your boyfriend"

No I will be in Chicago that weekend not Williamsburg...we need a photo though!

No one but no one at Tesla ever hinted at anything odd with me rolling in by myself 1-at DC showroom. 2-at Charlottesville test drive, 3-during all the phone calls, or 4-at Atlanta where I flew in and took delivery...everyone was so professional and seemed to value my time with being effiecent yet not rushing.

However those mean guys at the Mercedes dealership in Ohio 2003 would hardly make eye contact with me so I called the owner...don't get me started about that Kompressor lemon being the shop week after week, oh boy

Along those same dealership story lines, my girlfriend, who mind you, has an MBA in FINANCE, and ran her x-husbands business in the UK for 10+ years, manages her own household with two kids, and is a published YA author... a few years ago wanted to move most of her investments into cash and called her UBS advisor to make the move.... and while he tried to convince her that it's always better to "stay in the market" (because of course, he makes more money on commissions, but that's besides the point)... she still told him to make the move.. he pressed on by then saying "you should go ask your father about this first". At that time, her father was in near-end-stage Alzheimers, and could barely recognize people, much less advise my g/f on the stock market.

That afternoon she moved every penny over her holdings and investments out of UBS and dropped him and his wife as financial advisors. She got several harried calls the next day from several UBS people, but it was too late, of course. It's disappointing, because the UBS advisor and his wife were friends who used to invite us frequently to their posh boat club for drinks and dinners. Boy, I miss those.

It's amazing just how ignorant and sexist people can be these days.

Just found this post. Perhaps there are a lot more women here than most would think.
Buying experience? I knew I wanted an EV. Tesla Model S was the only one with enough range for my 22k mile/yr. Walked in without an appointment to the Natic store, having driven up from CT, late on a Saturday. Not only did I get the full attention of the "sales" associate, he knew I was serious and walked me past the line of MEN waiting to test drive. Then it was just figuring out which options to get.
When would that ever happen at a dealership?

Reactions: CatB and OregonHill
Just found this post. Perhaps there are a lot more women here than most would think.
Buying experience? I knew I wanted an EV. Tesla Model S was the only one with enough range for my 22k mile/yr. Walked in without an appointment to the Natic store, having driven up from CT, late on a Saturday. Not only did I get the full attention of the "sales" associate, he knew I was serious and walked me past the line of MEN waiting to test drive. Then it was just figuring out which options to get.
When would that ever happen at a dealership?

Yes. This, just like this...please keep the stories coming.

It's awful this situation continues but these stories might help those trying to show Tesla's direct-to-consumer model is superior....for everyone of course but perhaps especially for women. Here in Virginia the over-tanned chubby dealership guys roll to the DMV hearings (well coached) to say they "protect the customer" ...oh please

Reactions: CTShore