Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM beware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has the updated two module and the XM went out and I noticed the car would not go in to sleep mode. Unplugged the XM module and it now goes to sleep.
Screenshot_20180520-100734.png

• Informative
Reactions: Oricle
Interesting. I would think that simply turning the radio off would kill power to the modules, but apparently not. Thanks for passing on the warning!

My Sirius module is going bad as well, but in my case, it fails to be seen by the JVC in-dash unit. There is a chain of modules - Bluetooth, Sirius, and iPad. In my case, the Sirius was first in the chain, and that prevent the others (BT in particular) from being seen. I changed the order to put the BT first, then Sirius. The iPod must be last since it doesn't have a daisy chain output port. BT is solid now, and on occasion the Sirius also works. Really sounds good when they happen to have a free preview going (like now), but not worth paying $$$ for it. I also don't have an iPod, so don't care about that port.

It would be worth unplugging the power to the XM if its out anyway. Just my $.02
Thought of that, but since it works once in a while, I left it in. Enjoyed an unexpected bit of Moussorgsky's Night on Bald Mountain last Friday. Given this thread, however, I might just yank it, or at least do so if the car starts topping itself up more frequently than normal.

Is there a way to easily tell if you need your tuner replaced? I always keep my car plugged in so wouldn't notice a vampire drain but would like to know in case I was going to be away with it someplace and not plugged in.

Is there a way to easily tell if you need your tuner replaced? I always keep my car plugged in so wouldn't notice a vampire drain but would like to know in case I was going to be away with it someplace and not plugged in.

In this situation, the vampire draw keeps switchpack on so when you park and are not charging you will still hear the little pem fan and coolant pump run continuously.