Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sirius XM on a Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am looking at a MS 2016 90D on Tesla's CPO inventory and cannot find any indication as to whether or not it has satellite radio or is capable of having it. Does anyone have any ideas?I have searched these message boards but not much indicating how to know which car has or could potentially have satellite radio, other than some confusion about the roof type. I am a avid SiriusXM listener and consider this a deal-breaker so need to know before buying an MS of any kind.

create free acct with ev-cpo, click on cog wheel option for listings that have premium sound to see if it has satellite radio.

EFF1847B-D83B-481E-BDBA-0E6F2558E502.jpeg

create free acct with ev-cpo, click on cog wheel option for listings that have premium sound to see if it has satellite radio.

View attachment 378262
Thanks but that has to be one of the most difficult to use websites I've ever gone to. For some reason it will not stop reloading no matter what I do, so I cant effectively search for anything. Any chance someone could search the VIN for me? The site is unusable for me for some reason. 5YJSA1E23GF124748

Thanks but that has to be one of the most difficult to use websites I've ever gone to. For some reason it will not stop reloading no matter what I do, so I cant effectively search for anything. Any chance someone could search the VIN for me? The site is unusable for me for some reason. 5YJSA1E23GF124748
Nevermind I finally got it. That site is very useful but could use a UX designer's help haha

. For some reason it will not stop reloading no matter what I do, so I cant effectively search for anything. Any chance someone could search the VIN for me? The site is unusable for me for some reason. 5YJSA1E23GF124748

You just happened to catch the website in the middle of an update I was doing this morning, and the "reloading" problem only existed for about 3 minutes. If it was still happening tonight, then an old version of the code was caught in a proxy or browser cache somewhere (that you eventually were able to clear). It's been running normally since about 11am. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If you want to talk about UX, there's always a big trade-off between powerful functionality and ease-of-use. I am a UX/UI designer, and I could make it much easier to use, but most of the power and flexibility that exists would go away. My target users are people who want or need extreme flexibility to search, filter, and sort on the smallest of options or attributes and get back meaningful, targeted results. If you want a pretty UI and ease-of-use (but limited functionality), please use Tesla's own website. Thank you.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 2016 MS with the premium pkg, pano sunroof and have SXM enabled. Hope that helps!
I, too, recently purchased a 2016 MS with premium sound. Can you tell me how you enabled SXM? With my other cars, I had to add the Radio ID to my account. Where did you find a radio id with your MS or was Support able to get it for you?