Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SiriusXM Volume Scratchy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My upgrade to that version has really improved SiriusXM. My Favorites and Recents are generally working, and the sound is not as glitchy. I bet yours will get better after a few days of "settling in."

are your favorites working with the scroll wheel? that seems to be the consensus on the first version of the holiday update, that the scroll wheel is back to going sequentially rather than through favorites.

as for the glitchy sound, they fixed that months ago as far as i can tell. i haven't had any of the static or popping audio issues for at least a few months that i can remember.

I go directly to the favorites I want and do not scroll through them. Glitchy sound comes and goes with updates. Let's hope we now have a more permanent fix. By the way, I lost all SiriusXM the morning after the upgrade and no volume at all. A couple of reboots, and it has settled in fine now.

I go directly to the favorites I want and do not scroll through them. Glitchy sound comes and goes with updates. Let's hope we now have a more permanent fix. By the way, I lost all SiriusXM the morning after the upgrade and no volume at all. A couple of reboots, and it has settled in fine now.

can you double check it to see if it scrolls through the favorites with the wheel or goes through the channels sequentially? that's a huge issue that a lot of us are having (it's far safer to use the wheel than take your focus off the road to go poking around at the screen), it would be great if they fixed it that quickly but i seriously doubt it given that it took them over a year to fix it the first time.

as for the glitchy sound coming and going, that used to be the case for me as well but i haven't had any issues in months (even on updates). that's why i said it seems like they had fixed it.

Reactions: DBV1
Scrolling the wheel only seems to change the climate settings - temperature. This is whether I have the right side button on Media, or Energy, which is what my default display is.

click the left scroll wheel left or right…that should change the channels. it’s supposed to go through favorites but the reports in the holiday update say it’s broken and just go thru the channels sequentially.

It goes sequentially not through favorites. My favorites tab is gone in the condensed view. They all still show in the full view but it’s annoying to tap around in there. If the steering wheel buttons would just change through favs again I wouldn’t mind as much about the condensed view. So freaking annoying. Also no static or skipping for me. Luckily that’s been fixed for awhile on my end. Occasionally don’t have volume but muting and unmuting via the steering wheel volume click fixes that every time.

Attachments

• IMG_5231.png
    IMG_5231.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_5230.png
    IMG_5230.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
It goes sequentially not through favorites. My favorites tab is gone in the condensed view. They all still show in the full view but it’s annoying to tap around in there. If the steering wheel buttons would just change through favs again I wouldn’t mind as much about the condensed view. So freaking annoying. Also no static or skipping for me. Luckily that’s been fixed for awhile on my end. Occasionally don’t have volume but muting and unmuting via the steering wheel volume click fixes that every time.

please report it to tesla. the more people that report it, the sooner they'll fix it (hopefully it won't take them a year like it did last time, anyway)...

Well, this is unfortunate. The latest software update has a regression with the audio problems. I installed the latest v11.1 (2023.44.30.6 d6a60e790e5f).
There are sound glitches during SXM playback without touching anything. I can easily reproduce the crackling by adjusting equalizer settings. Bummer.

Well, this is unfortunate. The latest software update has a regression with the audio problems. I installed the latest v11.1 (2023.44.30.6 d6a60e790e5f).
There are sound glitches during SXM playback without touching anything. I can easily reproduce the crackling by adjusting equalizer settings. Bummer.
That is the same version I updated to. I lost all SXM for the first day or so. Rebooted a couple of times, and it finally started playing better than ever after the update "settled in". If you just updated, give it a day or two.