TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Vendor Skyline Case-Friendly Phone Dock Kits

Discussion in 'Model S' started by skyline, Jun 21, 2018.

?

What color should Skyline go with?

1. Silver anodized

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Matte black anodized

32 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. skyline

skyline Vendor

Hi TMC community,

As many of you know already, we're Skyline and we try to make cool stuff for you guys - the TMC Tesla enthusiast community. Our products include Case Friendly Docks and Universal Phone Guides. Unlike the limited Tesla quick connection dock, the Skyline charging dock and guides allows you to charge any phone size with or without a phone case!

We're in the process of transitioning our products from plastic to precision CNC machined parts. Our docks and universal guides will now be crafted from aircraft grade aluminum, bead blasted and anodized to a stunning finish that will look absolutely awesome in your car! We have our initial samples, and would love to hear your feedback on what color would look best in your Tesla.

Oh and not to mention, we'll even raffle off 2 free sets! All you have to do is vote in the poll and tag us on social media!

Skyline
    Choice 1: Silver anodized
    Choice 2: Matte black anodized

TSM_3.JPG

TSM_1.jpg

2. Drlev

Drlev Member

Those look great! Now I’m sad I recently purchased. I would have waited for this!

• Informative x 1
  3. skyline

skyline Vendor

We'll make sure to offer a discount to those who "upgrade" from plastic parts! More to come...

• Like x 1
  4. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Ready yet ?

5. snd92

snd92 Member

I would be a buyer if the ugly logos were removed :eek:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  6. skyline

skyline Vendor

Just about ready ≈2 weeks...

We're taking care of it ;)

• Like x 2
  7. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Do you still need to purchase the dock/cable from Tesla in addition to this updated dock?

8. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Depends on what’s in ur car now and what phone u use ..at minimum the guides are essential

9. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Thanks. I have an iPhone X with an Apple Leather Case and Model S 2015 85D. I am getting this console below, which is a knock off from the OEM original center console. From my understanding some cases have trouble with the factory Tesla dock connector. My leather case probably won't be an issue since it has an open bottom, but my wife's Otterbox will definitely have issues.

$534.11 Car Center Console Insert for Tesla Model S at FastTech - Great Gadgets, Great Prices

10. Gt1948

Gt1948 Member

Are you working on a wireless charger adapter?

• Like x 1
  11. Drlev

Drlev Member

Cases with open bottoms where the case is basically flush with the bottom of the phone should be fine. All other cases would need the skyline dock too.

12. hulk2k17

hulk2k17 Member

Just to confirm, the OEM Model 3 cable in the Tesla shop works with the Model S/X dock?

This

13. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

Wow nice find ...the Tesla dock came with the Ps as standard if that doesn’t come with the dock the skyline one is good as will fit the case u have plus bigger ones

14. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

It seems the original Skyline dock that is available for sale on their site still required you to buy the Tesla Dock for the connector cable. I am wondering with these new docks if that is still the case?

15. skyline

skyline Vendor

With the new docks it will still be the case. You must either purchase a Model 3 cable directly from Tesla at $15 or if you've already purchased the full dock kit for Tesla S/X at $30 you can reuse that cable as well... Let us know if you have more questions!

16. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

I have the first generation drop in console like below. According to Tesla, their connector isn't compatible with it. Is this true? So for this console, I cannot get a smartphone connector?

[​IMG]

17. skyline

skyline Vendor

We now offer products for older version consoles as well. Please refer to our install page to indicate which version console you have.

18. aollivierre

aollivierre Member

Is this the complete center setup? Have a 2014 will this work?

19. mbhforum

mbhforum Member

Yes this console will work with a 2014 and any model that didn't come with the center console.

• Like x 1
  20. skyline

skyline Vendor

#20 skyline, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    • Like x 1