Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SLC, UT to Jackson Hole, WY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
About to drive from Salt Lake to Jackson and just a bit nervous about the second half of the trip. From Evanston to Jackson is 190 miles and you don’t have much remaining charge to spare. Anyone done it? Any issues? I have a 2021 Model Y long range. Just a super nervous about it and hope someone out there has done it without issue.

About to drive from Salt Lake to Jackson and just a bit nervous about the second half of the trip. From Evanston to Jackson is 190 miles and you don’t have much remaining charge to spare. Anyone done it? Any issues? I have a 2021 Model Y long range. Just a super nervous about it and hope someone out there has done it without issue.
Maybe charge to 100% in Evanston? Will take longer, but might give you the peace of mind you need.

Upvote 0
Here are the things that are worrisome or annoying that will make you not like it:
1. Having to charge to 100%
2. Stretching a long distance gap unnecessarily
3. Using slow level2 charging

It sounds like most of those will be involved trying to go directly from Evanston to Jackson, so I just wouldn't. I would do what @ps83v18 mentioned and just go up through Idaho first. You can do really fast charging at a few quick stops that way, and then it's only 88 miles from Idaho Falls over to Jackson, and it's no stress at all.

And here's the map I use to make it easy to see at a glance where all of the Superchargers are if I am not in the car.
www.supercharge.info

Last edited:
Upvote 0