TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Slight Pull to Left on Accelerator Lift

Discussion in 'Roadster' started by Fluke, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Fluke

Fluke Member

I've noticed a slight pull to the left when quickly lifting off of the accelerator at speed. It's very slight and could be described as an unsettled feeling in the drivetrain/suspension. I have not noticed the same sensation when applying the brakes. Normal result of the Roadster's strong regeneration or something to look further into?

2. dsm363

dsm363 Roadster + Sig Model S

I'm not sure but that doesn't sound normal. Never seen that before in my car at least.

3. amp-on

amp-on Member

Had this same problem with my model S and it turned out to be that the tow in was off. It caused me to go thru a set of rear tires at about 5800 miles. Had it realigned and the problem went away.

4. dhrivnak

dhrivnak Active Member

I do not think this is normal as my Roadster tracks perfectly no matter what I do with the pedal.

5. Garyfcampbell

Garyfcampbell New Member

I had that problem this week and it kept getting worse. It turns out the outer left rear toe rod was not torqued enough. They retorqued it and put loctite on the threads.

They also installed stronger front control arm washers but I don't know why.

6. Doug_G

Doug_G Lead Moderator

You might want to have your suspension checked out ASAP. A loose tie rod could result in disaster.

7. wiztecy

wiztecy Active Member

#7 wiztecy, Mar 23, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
    They meaning Tesla?

Those washers used in the control arm is what adds / takes away your camber adjustment when doing an alignment. For some reason your camber got thrown off really bad and they're trying to band-aid it by adjusting the Camber. Has your car always been serviced by They meaning Tesla? If so I'd push back trying to understand why that tie rod end loosened / fell out of torque spec, as Doug pointed out that is something you don't want to be driving on or ever happen again. If any tie-rod fails for whatever reason you'll have a huge problem in your steering and that's critical as you know. It also can put oncoming cars/lives at risk as well as yours if the rear begins crabbing out unexpectedly in a turn. It could be possible that you hit a huge pot-hole that bent something causing a chain reaction, but then I'd expect the tie-rod to be bent instead of falling out of torque.

If it was me I'd find out why the tie-rod loosened, what shifted, and what/why were the camber washers put in... meaning do they know what part of the suspension is damaged/bent that's causing the alignment numbers to be thrown off that bad to require more camber washers.