Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Slow page loads on mobile device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Dave EV

Jun 23, 2009
Earth
I do a lot of TMC browsing on an Android phone using Chrome. Typical use case is to click on thread activity email and jump to the first unread post.

The problem is that it appears that various scripts (probably add, haven't fully investigated) keep the page from jumping to the first post for at least 5 seconds, typically 7 seconds or so, but sometimes up to 10 seconds.

This is while on WiFi and not cell data, so speed and latency of the internet connection are good.

Anyone else seeing this?

I see somewhat the same even on Firefox, as it calculates the 'current' post, and scrolls all the way down. iOS and Safari (for iPhone 7 Plus) are perhaps 3 to 4 seconds, depending on thread. (Also on high-speed wifi, for a data point.)

Not sure this is fixable, but an interesting point.

I see somewhat the same even on Firefox, as it calculates the 'current' post, and scrolls all the way down. iOS and Safari (for iPhone 7 Plus) are perhaps 3 to 4 seconds, depending on thread. (Also on high-speed wifi, for a data point.)
Yeah, I just loaded it up using Chrome on Windows, and it's definitely not fast, either. Extra processing power probably helps, but also I tend to load a number of tabs in the background so I don't notice as much.

Yeah, I just loaded it up using Chrome on Windows, and it's definitely not fast, either. Extra processing power probably helps, but also I tend to load a number of tabs in the background so I don't notice as much.
I've not done any tests but I wonder how the new FF54 with the multi-engines for lots of tabs compares to Chrome? You might want to try a comparison with the loads TMC puts on it. :D

I've not done any tests but I wonder how the new FF54 with the multi-engines for lots of tabs compares to Chrome? You might want to try a comparison with the loads TMC puts on it. :D
I'll give the latest FF a shot later. Seems like most of the slowdown is due to a lot of serialized scripting requests that prevent the browser from thinking it has enough data to jump to the next post, so I doubt that more processing power will help much.