Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small Bit of Black and White Rubber Foam and Mice

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whilst this has not been an issue with my previous vehicles, I recently noticed small pieces of what appears to be black and to a lesser degree white foam or rubber like material under the rear wheels of my Model S. I initially cleaned up the pieces, perplexed as to their origin, however the problem did not reappear until recently once again.

This time, I spotted two mice in our garage. I purchased a couple of humane traps and relocated them into the wilderness, some 60 miles from our dwelling.

This morning, I spotted the foam material around the rear tires once again. I also spotted another small mouse in the garage whom immediately ran out of the small crevice gap between the concrete and garage door.

I have read the many threads concerning mouse infestations, yet I am curious as to where the black foam is coming from, is it from the Model S or from another source within the garage. I am obviously concerned that it has indeed made its way into the vehicles substructure and the small pieces are indeed the insulation material.

I have service scheduled for an unrelated matters, yet I am thinking of asking Telsa to examine the vehicle. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

Cheers