Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small dent: front bumper wrap in Montreal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Bad luck today: an old lady driving a Yaris backed up in our car while we were supercharging in Magog! There is a dent in the bumper (picture) which already got a couple of other scratches anyway. The car is not like "brand new".

I hear many of you saying: "just fix it through the insurance". Well, I'm not fan of contacting them because even if it's clearly not our fault, they tend to write it in your file, even when you just asked for information (here I speak from experience), and come back to you with a price hike because you are supposedly more at risk. So my philosophy is to talk to them as less often as possible (I actually didn't call them since 1997) and only if it's way above the deductible, which is high anyway. For the other cases, it's better to come to an agreement (payed cash) with the other driver.

So to fix my problem, I googled around and saw that there was a possibility to have the bumper wrapped to "refresh" it. Perhaps after a small body job regarding the dent. Does any one of you already did it? Does it last (i.e. is it resistant)? And do you know an address in Montreal?

Thanks.

dentTeslaMS2013.jpg

As above, wraps will protect to a degree but it’s as thin as a plastic bag so the dent may even stand out more, it’s also not kind unless it’s on topcoat paint. I would have it repaired fully and clear wrap over the new bodywork