Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Small white Pixel at bottom left of screen when light is shined

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed a small white pixel in the bottom left corner appearing when I shine a light to my display. Does anyone else's do this? The white dot is not visible during normal operation.

I discovered this while cleaning the display at night prior to installing a screen protector. I created a service request in case this is something but normal, but I don't have another screen to compare this with.

IMG_20231121_180444208_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20231121_184544404_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20231121_180455691_HDR~2.jpg

Not sure what the number of dead pixels Telsa considers "normal" before they'll replace it. Let us know what service says. They'll have to remove the whole MCU.

Also make sure that dot appears with other content beyond just YouTube. Go to the web browser and search for monitor test patterns to verify it's visible always.

Reactions: Dracaris
Upvote 0
Not sure what the number of dead pixels Telsa considers "normal" before they'll replace it. Let us know what service says. They'll have to remove the whole MCU.

Also make sure that dot appears with other content beyond just YouTube. Go to the web browser and search for monitor test patterns to verify it's visible always.
I haven't tried the browser yet. I have a video that I attached to the service request but the forum won't let me post it here due to format and file size.

I have a service appointment in two weeks for bumps under the paint and headliner so I added this issue. I don't understand why the dead pixel only appears when light is shined. My monitors with dead pixels are always present.

I did ask my cousin with a '21 to try to replicate it but his screen doesn't show it.

Upvote 0