Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never said anything to the contrary. I've been disputing that your efforts to install solar on your roof and drive EVs are the solution.

In the manufacture of Portland cement over half the carbon released is from the chemical reaction producing the "clinker" that constitutes most of the cement. Fuel is less than half. The chemical reaction of making Portland cement constitutes up to 4% of all carbon emissions world wide... that one industrial process... not including the fuel used.

????

All those things still only deal with a small percentage of the problem. Have you ever looked at the info available on just how much carbon is produced and where it comes from?

Steel and cement production is a portion of the 15% of Carbon Emission attributed to Industry. Like I said. ~80% comes from fools fuel.... which means ~20% comes from not fools fuel. 15% < 20%.

In what way "cleaner" when it won't even reduce the emissions? It may reduce the rate of rise, but not enough to counter the annual increase. So not only will we be adding to the carbon in the air, we will still be adding to it at a faster rate! The faster part won't be as large as it could have been otherwise.

That's what people have a hard time thinking about is just how enormous the problem is and how widespread the sources are.

Reduction is reduction. Rising at 2ppm per year is better than rising at 2.1ppm per year.... Math.

..... for someone opposed to 'spoon feeding' you sure require A LOT of it.....

I've never said anything to the contrary. I've been disputing that your efforts to install solar on your roof and drive EVs are the solution.

In the manufacture of Portland cement over half the carbon released is from the chemical reaction producing the "clinker" that constitutes most of the cement. Fuel is less than half. The chemical reaction of making Portland cement constitutes up to 4% of all carbon emissions world wide... that one industrial process... not including the fuel used.

Like I said, you need to stop focusing on pretty pie charts and do some digging to get real facts. Or you can believe in your alternative facts.

Driving an EV does very little to reduce the release of carbon in any significant way. It's only the beginning of a start to reducing the increase. So stop feeling so smug and learn something about how really bad the problem is and how hard it will be to deal with it.

I'm retired. So I won't see any of the really bad stuff. But there are people alive today who will see the impacts of sea level rise and climate change. They are the ones who will be forced to actually do something effective about it. Kinda like social security. lol
So are you doing anything? What is your strategy to reduce emissions besides throwing rocks at people who do?

So are you doing anything? What is your strategy to reduce emissions besides throwing rocks at people who do?

Not throwing rocks. Just asking people to not talk like they are saving the world by buying an EV. We need to continue to focus on the problem and not sit back and relax that we have solved anything.

Look at other posters here who talk about 2.0 ppm rise being better than 2.1 ppm. The reality is it's NOT better in any useful manner. Climate change is real and a very big problem which continues to get worse every decade. Even if all the cars and trucks, trains and planes and donkeys were all replaced by EVs over night, we would still have a growing release of CO2 into the atmosphere which is like compound interest producing a faster rising CO2 level.

I guess we can be happy that it's not CO1... lol

We need to continue to focus on the problem and not sit back and relax that we have solved anything.

???? Who's sitting back and 'relaxing'

'I'm driving an EV... nothing else to be done now' - Literally no one ever (Except trolls sarcastically)

For the 3rd time...... Do we not need to transition away from fools fuel for transportation as part of the solution??????

Not throwing rocks. Just asking people to not talk like they are saving the world by buying an EV. We need to continue to focus on the problem and not sit back and relax that we have solved anything.

Look at other posters here who talk about 2.0 ppm rise being better than 2.1 ppm. The reality is it's NOT better in any useful manner. Climate change is real and a very big problem which continues to get worse every decade. Even if all the cars and trucks, trains and planes and donkeys were all replaced by EVs over night, we would still have a growing release of CO2 into the atmosphere which is like compound interest producing a faster rising CO2 level.

I guess we can be happy that it's not CO1... lol
So in translation you are doing nothing positive and in reality attempting to throw rocks at those who do.

Reactions: nwdiver
Just asking people to not talk like they are saving the world by buying an EV.
That is your skewed take. The people here realize that EVs are part of the solution, but by no means the entire solution.
Replacement of the entire fossil transport fleet by clean energy, and replacement of the entire electricity industry by clean energy are very important steps to take immediately. Replacement of very high temperature industrial heat is a well known and knotty problem that is being worked on.

Do your part rather than make lame excuses.

Reactions: dhrivnak
but it will take a lot more than buying EVs or putting solar on your roof.

No one is disputing that....

The fact is that those things DO NEED to happen... they are PART of the solution. It will also take a lot more than eliminating carbon emissions from concrete and steel production. ANY part of the solution in isolation isn't enough... that's what 'PART OF' means....

Is English your second language? Is that what the problem is here? ¿Deberíamos hablar español?
Sollen wir deutsch sprechen? русский?

..... Should īlon ȳdragon Valyrīha?

This is the weirdest whiny thread in a forum full to the brim lately with weird whiny threads.

The only way to make this thread better is to have one of the four horsemen of the batterygate apocalypse come in and say what they do in every thread:

“You think it’s bad you’re getting updates with no content? Just wait until Tesla caps your battery and charge rate!”

Unique 2012 Tesla Model S P85 for sale!
Unbelievable and unbeatable price!
Outside color 3m wrap psychedelic
Car color silver
Interior black
Pano roof
19" slipstreams black 80 percent on tires
Car has completed 100 mi svc everything works perfectly no error codes
Have full record of all warranty work
Bought cpo from Tesla in 2016 at $57,700 with 46k mi
Mileage 110k
Battery and power train warranty expires June 2020
Motor is new replaced by Tesla 2018
both front seats are new 2018
90% charge = 212 mi 100% charge 226 mi
Charging cable included
Both key fobs working
Free supercharging for life
Unlimited premium connectivity
Rear facing jumpseats
High powered onboard charger
8k headlights

Minor issues

Liquid leak on main screen…ugly but still works
Some minor wheel curb rash 19 inch black slipstream
Minor paint issues here and there.

Pictures show aftermarket wheels but I put stock 19 inch slipstreams back on. Dm for additional pics.

$23,000

Priced to sell quick.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_104315.jpg
    IMG_20191218_104315.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_20191218_104229.jpg
    IMG_20191218_104229.jpg
    933.8 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20191218_104210.jpg
    IMG_20191218_104210.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20191218_104149.jpg
    IMG_20191218_104149.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 28
Zero EV state credits in Florida, and for those that don’t get it, just because a $7,500 tax credit was offered doesn’t mean the buyer receives it unless they pay a full $7,500 in Federal Taxes that year.

Florida is not like the California tech world where everyone makes hundreds of thousands of dollars. It is the land of the Prius. I wish my P had a Prius detector to be honest. Our average age here is 54 or so and many are retired or on fixed income, but many of us have saved our hard earned income over the years to drop a nice down payment. For those that work in Florida, must are subject to the so called Sunshine tax, where you know your income and skills are going to be valued much less just by moving there.

No one from Tesla ever mentioned a $5,000 buyback for the Free Supercharging, but I don’t care about that. That was supposed to be free with the referral I used, and was the main reason why I bought the P in the first place. FWIW, I paid $73,500 plus the state taxes without the AP. The MSRP is the MSRP, nothing else should matter and the current MSRP IS nearly 20k less if you consider the cars now come standard with AP, which I also missed out on.

Tesla used and abused the Federal Tax credits. We are glad they are being discontinued as my wife didn’t qualify for her full $7,500 either and still has no AP. I did opt to pay $2,000 more for AP later in so I am all in at 75.5k plus tax, and the news ones aren’t much more than 55k. The Tax Credit shouldn’t even be part of the discussion. To do so acknowledges Tesla cheated the system as well as the tax payers, which they did.

You make some very valid observations. However, not everyone here is interested in facts - for example current car comes with AP which it didn't in 2018 OR that there is still a partial tax credit OR that most people didnt write to Tesla to get $5K back and will get negligible SC value out of it. They just don't want to acknowledge that you might have actual paid a lot more last year, as if doing so would lower their self-worth in some strange way.

Luckily you can use the ignore button for such people.

• Disagree
Reactions: EfficientWatts
Status
Not open for further replies.