Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed that and stand corrected. Was not intentional.
The default should just be to NOT threadcrap a for sale post until you fully understand what you're talking about.
Problem is the market for those people is small. Then from that market, those who feel paying a premium to charge at 80amps is even smaller.
BTW, you posting similar responses to everyone who lists a Gen 2 Wallcharger is “threadcrapping” as well.
The market is the market, regardless of how many people are looking for them and your opinion of the market no matter how wrong it is. The fact is they aren't being made anymore and there are fewer and fewer of them available every day. As a result, the price will continue to rise as the scarcity increases regardless of your opinion. That's just how the market works. They sell for $1k and that's the market.

And yeah, I follow these posts because they interest me. Just like cars of some trim levels and years. Just like lots of things that interest me. Doesn't change the fact that if people were just considerate I wouldn't have to point out their inability to follow the rules. Hell, if people were just considerate in the first place and treated others how they would want to be treated we wouldn't even need the rules in the first place to tell us to be polite but... here we are.

I can’t understand your grammar but these are lowering brackets, not links, and retail for $500 I believe.
Coming from the guy who didn't start his sentence with an 'I' and there isn't a comma in site with that run-on sentence...my grammar is fine. Fixed it for ya.

Lowering links and these brackets both lower the car. Other than the placebo of paying more, I'm asking why did you or why would anyone opt for these $500 brackets when lowering links will accomplish the same thing for 1/5th the price.

I think the operative word I see is "free". If Tesla owners would use their own outlets, they might have to pay for the juice but leave the L2 for others, and if the OP had charged at night at his own outlets maybe he wouldn't NEED any other charging. But he PLANNED to use a FREE charger. Why? Ohly because it's free. And I imagine we're talking about a Model 3, where charging is not free unless one snags an L2. I think the other EV owner did the right thing. All he has are L2 chargers or 110 outlets, and here comes a Tesla owner who blocks a spot he could use. I think Tesla owners should use Tesla chargers whenever possible. And pay the price. I mean, what are you saving? Ten bucks. Don't be cheap. Just because your car is expensive doesn't mean you can't pay for charging. Of course, that's why you drove to the L2 charger in the first place.

Both do the same thing. The lowering brackets from UP are a set lowering setting and lowering links are adjustable.

Both have their arguments and r&d on why it’s better. I’m sure you can find UPs post on why brackets are better than links.

It’s a moot point saying why pay 5x the price etc.

LV, Chanel bags, etc do the same function as a $5 wallet from the dollar tree.

Good luck OP

Coming from the guy who didn't start his sentence with an 'I' and there isn't a comma in site with that run-on sentence...my grammar is fine. Fixed it for ya.

Lowering links and these brackets both lower the car. Other than the placebo of paying more, I'm asking why did you or why would anyone opt for these $500 brackets when lowering links will accomplish the same thing for 1/5th the price.

Reactions: OGKobraTribe

Go kick rocks and figure it out yourself. If you knew anything about lowering links they actually cost more for ones that aren’t dog sh*t. But clearly you have no clue what you’re talking about so go buy cheap links for $100 and than spend hrs trying to measure them perfectly so that your car sits even. Take Care

Go kick rocks and figure it out yourself. If you knew anything about lowering links they actually cost more for ones that aren’t dog sh*t. But clearly you have no clue what you’re talking about so go buy cheap links for $100 and than spend hrs trying to measure them perfectly so that your car sits even. Take Care
I have a clue what I'm talking about since I've got lowering links on our 535xiT and X5M...and what might take YOU hours took me minutes lol. It was a simple question that you could have answered instead of trying to belittle me by saying I have poor grammar then getting butthurt when it's you who's lacking. GLWS.

I have a clue what I'm talking about since I've got lowering links on our 535xiT and X5M...and what might take YOU hours took me minutes lol. It was a simple question that you could have answered instead of trying to belittle me by saying I have poor grammar then getting butthurt when it's you who's lacking. GLWS.
“Why these over lowering links for 1/4 the price”? (Unintelligible)

Please explain the simple question cause what I see is gibberish. Again read it out loud and try to comprehend your own question.

Why these over lowering links for 1/4 the price?

Haha… are you serious. Who on this planet would understand what you’re saying here? I simply stated that I had no clue what you were saying and even after the fact knowing kind of what you were asking I still can’t make that make sense when I read it.

If you said why are these more expensive than lowering links or what advantage do these have over lowering links that are significantly cheaper than I could have actually given you a reasonable response.
I’m sure you’re extremely talented at working on your own cars especially when your decisions on what to purchase for your car are 100% based on price, meaning it’s good if it’s dog 💩 cheap. Since you’re so skilled with cars you spent endless hours trying to figure out if you could mount wheels intended for a Y that owners try to give away for free cause they are hideous, but for $500 they are the best thing since sliced bread to you. Mind boggling someone buys perhaps $100K car but chooses to put $500 wheels on it that look like they belong on a child’s toy car. But for $500 they look great, if they were $900 they would look awful but $500 makes them so much better looking. Interesting perception you have. Best part is those axles you shaved which are actually studs, will be too short when you actually put grown up wheels back on than you’ll actually have to install all new studs which is easy if u know what urdoing. If not than you’ll be paying someone that’s a fact.Once you see how bad they are going to wear it wont be such a great deal but a huge mistake cuz you cared only about buying the cheapest crap available.

But you haven’t the balls to state here what it will be ? 🤦‍♂️

Stop foaming at the mouth, chief.

Go re-read the last few posts in that quarantined thread. Your question has already been answered by someone else. 😌

You look much older in your profile pic than your mental age, I must say.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about your question, but it looks like you went off on another tangent.

Either way: look at my signature, my next car is already stated there. 🤦🏻‍♂️ 😅

Last edited:
Maybe your car works differently? o_O

The vents work by air blowing up from the gap in front/below the device to direct the vertical path of the air that comes from behind where you have the device...

I just stuffed a paper towel in where you have it and when I turned the fan on it blew it out. If I hold the paper towel in it greatly cuts down on the air flow.

So for anyone that cares about direct air flow I suggest that you test it out yourself.
Cool. I guess you know everything then. Why aren't you running things at SpaceX? Jesus, we'd be to Mars already if you were there.

• Disagree
Reactions: Silicon Desert
I think the OP has his air aimed upward. If that is so, there is a second baffle that opens that lets air into the second grill on the bottom (the strip right above the wood), so that is probably why it doesn't feel blocked.

You probably have the air aimed downward, in which case all the air is coming from the lateral section that shoots straight out. That display piece would block the airflow coming straight out, but the rest should still escape from the side because the slit is continuous. More on how the air direction is controlled from here:
Bro, I tried to tell him to look up the info or to even look under the dash for himself (takes 5 seconds to pull the dash up!), where he would see with his own eyes. He probably thinks the air is coming from directly behind the steering wheel and doesn't realize the air is generated from behind the center screen and directed via baffles.
His "proof" was to put a piece of paper where there is blowing air and saw that the paper moved!!! Head of MENSA right there! 😂 But whatever. I'll let him believe whatever he wants. Buy the display, don't buy the display. No skin off my back.

Bro, I tried to tell him to look up the info or to even look under the dash for himself (takes 5 seconds to pull the dash up!), where he would see with his own eyes. He probably thinks the air is coming from directly behind the steering wheel and doesn't realize the air is generated from behind the center screen and directed via baffles.
His "proof" was to put a piece of paper where there is blowing air and saw that the paper moved!!! Head of MENSA right there! 😂 But whatever. I'll let him believe whatever he wants. Buy the display, don't buy the display. No skin off my back.
He has a fair point and is correct however that it does block the airflow coming directly from the center (even though the air may get forced and go around). You may have yours adjusted in a way that minimizes the effect, but I think it's misleading to say it has zero effect on the airflow.

The only way it would have zero effect on airflow is if the section the display mounts to is completely blanked out, which I don't believe to be the case (from the video linked, the entire slit appears to be open and continuous).

Reactions: MP3Mike

Go re-read the last few posts in that quarantined thread. Your question has already been answered by someone else. 😌

EDIT: I thought you were talking about your question, but it looks like you went off on another tangent.

Added to ignore list !

Pitiful Ad hominem attacks … see here , try to learn something?
855C5190-E2C6-4609-BC90-32080A4B57FC.jpeg

There are plenty of threads discussing the exact same thing around here, look for them. Short answer is : it didn't "overcharge", all is normal.
Sorry I dont have as much free time as you. I hopped in my car on my way to work and seen it 4% higher than I set it at and thought it was weird. Figured this was the place to ask so just typed the question out real quick. Now I just got out of work and was checking the responses. You could of just ad easily not clicked on the thread of there's been this question so many times. This is my first time on the site in like 5 months, I dont check every thread all the time

To everyone else that gave me helpful information thank you

• Disagree
Reactions: Jo060
Sorry I dont have as much free time as you. I hopped in my car on my way to work and seen it 4% higher than I set it at and thought it was weird. Figured this was the place to ask so just typed the question out real quick. Now I just got out of work and was checking the responses. You could of just ad easily not clicked on the thread of there's been this question so many times. This is my first time on the site in like 5 months, I dont check every thread all the time

To everyone else that gave me helpful information thank you
You don't have much "free time" but you had time to hop on here, read replies, and leave a lame comment to someone who quickly responded and gave you an answer. One of the best parts of online forums is that EVERYTHING is archived to keep repetitive posts, such as yours to a minimum. Also while searching, you can learn something... I know I do each time I run a search.

Be better.

Reactions: GtiMart

Your repeated retorts like this are so helpful to the communityl... NOT.
I often give my son this type of answers: "I don't know immediately the answer to your question but I will tell you where and how I would look for the answer". I want to make sure he can solve problems himself when I'm not around.

People have different reasons. What if the car is getting electricity from solar or wind?

I bought an EV because I despise the oil industry and hate going to gas stations. I love the convenience of charging in my garage.

If you really want to help the environment you shouldn't be driving any kind of car. The construction and maintenance of roads is horrible.

We have the ability to produce more electricity than we currently know how to consume, entirely from renewable non-poluting sources. The idea of being "energy efficient" could be abandoned.
You should tell Texas they have more energy than they can produce. I think they would be glad to know that.

You should tell Texas they have more energy than they can produce. I think they would be glad to know that.

Well you butchered that line, but I'm going to pretend you typed it correctly.

Solar panels over parking lots would be a pretty easy and effective start. That's something we're already doing and it works. Texas has an abundance of parking lots.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Status
Not open for further replies.