Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the masses yes; however, that doesn't apply to everyone. You can still take measures to protect your privacy. I get Scott's point though and agree that it does hold true for the majority. That doesn't mean to not try and to do what you can.

Yes.

Fair enough. For those that are plastered all over FB, IG, etc... forget it lol... enjoy the cabin camera, say cheese and pick your nose.

I disagree. If you take that approach at things then that's your choice. It's not a conspiracy given the type of company Tesla is to question the integrity of their statement.

That's like saying a known felon does not have the potential to every commit a crime again.

And no, you don't give up more data posting on a forum for those that don't disclose their real identity. Not everyone is a social media, online, careless free living hippy that discloses their real info online.

True in that respect. In the public by you walking into that domain is your signing of a waiver ... The context of privacy related issues inside of your own car falls into a different category. That's your private domain and there's no business to be forced to be recorded in order to use features that you've already paid for. - Other makers don't force you to be recorded to use their AP.

Not really. It's more like yay, more people who don't get the big picture here.

I'll repost what I wrote above as I'm curious to hear your answer. I'm sure it'll be entertaining.

The point here is that Tesla is a data/tech company first, collects massive amounts of telemetry/user data, has their own insurance company that records your driving habits, heavily reliant more so than ever on their camera for various functions and wait...(*phantom brake, screeeeeeeech*) is a data company first.

There are many people like myself who find that unsettling and for good reason(s). We don't take a blanket statement and take it as the holy grail. Get it now?

Even for the super literal folks that eats what is given without questioning anything, what do you say about all the over promising and under delivering by Tesla/Elon? -- With a track record like that coupled with Tesla being a data company first.... do you still trust them 100%? (That's a rhetorical question btw.)

......What are the reasons why you would not think to question the integrity of any statement coming from Tesla with a track record of, "The boy who cried wolf?"

Not everyone uses FB and are slaves to those social media platforms. Even if someone is on there it does not mean that they disclose their real info lol.

As for the credit bureaus that's different on many levels vs the data collection by Tesla etc...

It's apparent that you are so faithful to believing 100% of what you read. Good on you. That's your choice.

The irony? ... There are people who actually care about their privacy. Surprise surprise.
Yikes. When you get your car consider poking out all of the cameras to save us all. Why would a person So worried about cameras buy a car with a dozen cameras lol. Wave your foil hat when you drive by. Hippy out.

you mean like the screaming foul with zero evidence on any kind of crying wolf? "They overpromise and underdeliver" is hardly damning evidence of willful and malicious privacy violation and certainly not good enough to be flinging such accusations around.
It seems like only Tesla is doing it all wrong, but "all the others" are doing right somehow. Yet the "evidence" against Tesla is because they overpromise, but the proof the others are doing great is technical. I call BS on this too.
The whole "the others don't use cameras" is nonsense. If it can check your eyes are open and looking in the right direction, its a camera not an "infrared" thingy.

Pretending others is all security theatre. Only Snowden is doing it the right way and that is to physically disable all cameras and microphones. Anything else is just pretending. But then every single laptop, smartphone, pad, device etc with camera becomes less functional and 99.8% don't care.

Personally there are much more important things to me, rather than clutching my pearls about Tesla providing options that they could possibly just ignore, especially when there is no evidence that they do.

What's next, the earth isn't really round and NASA didn't go to the moon?

You obviously missed the point again and it's obvious that you can not see the logic behind what is being discussed here. There's no need for theatrics and it'd be best for you to not pollute the thread. If you can't carry on a healthy discussion and be mature about then don't bother posting.

Yikes. When you get your car consider poking out all of the cameras to save us all. Why would a person So worried about cameras buy a car with a dozen cameras lol. Wave your foil hat when you drive by. Hippy out.

Yikes. Maybe if you thought a little harder, perhaps you'd understand that there are more to it than just the cabin camera itself.

It's people like you that eat your own words and don't even realize it. Makes me laugh every time.

Why don't you write down your SS#, CC Info., Pin Number and your IQ of 1 on that tin foil and wear it as a hat so that you can let all the cameras see it.

I bet you wouldn't. So don't act like you don't value privacy lol.

SMH some people I tell you. Stop polluting the thread.

You obviously missed the point again and it's obvious that you can not see the logic behind what is being discussed here. There's no need for theatrics and it'd be best for you to not pollute the thread. If you can't carry on a healthy discussion and be mature about then don't bother posting.
This entire thread was a dumpster fire from the first post. You don’t want opinions you only want a pat on the head and a podium. You are the definition of theatrics.

This entire thread was a dumpster fire from the first post. You don’t want opinions you only want a pat on the head and a podium. You are the definition of theatrics.

The only dumpster fire are your useless posts that's derailing the thread. So Mr. Self Proclaimed Assumptionist, why are you even on here if you can't have a healthy discussion?

How funny that you failed to answer my questions. Speaks volume. Enough said.

@roblab Let's try this again, shall we? Read:
a huge 255 mile gap
I don't see the worry over a little 225 mile gap.
I said it is two hundred and FIFTY-five miles, not TWENTY-five miles. Yes, that extra thirty miles really does make a difference when trying to squeeze out the last drops of range. My car only shows about 250 rated miles when charged all the way full.

I was able to make a 225-mile gap by slowing down a little, [...] Now, trying to do it at 80 mph, now that would be a stretch.
And to cover this uninformed assumption, I HAVE done this route multiple times. I was driving VERY slowly, and it was still not possible to make it without any charging. I got by with only a 1 hour stop on 40A AC charging, and that was still very tight. Other times, I used my CHAdeMO adapter, which made it not too bad, except for the worry as it took 6-7 tries to get the unreliable CHAdeMO station to activate.
People who can't afford to buy a long-range electric car shouldn't be worrying about a gap.
F. U. every which way. Stop making false accusations and assumptions. I bought the longest range Tesla available at the time!! There was no "can't afford" that went into this by not choosing enough range. If you are just going to throw stones and criticize from false assumptions and wrong information, just don't.

I agree with you. But if he didnt state "end of this year" (twice), then his followup statement of "FSD is extremely underpriced and WILL go up much higher soon", wouldnt be as much of a threat to dummies who dont know any better/will rush to pay Tesla $12k, right?
Unless you are 8 years old (likely) your continuous use of calling people dummies is a bit on the childish play. My definition of “dummy” would be someone that commits endless hours and thousands of posts on a topic they have no vested interest or credible input on. A sad life accomplishment if you asked me but as long as you can make yourself laugh and feel good.

He wants humans to be multi-planetary but his child to still live like its the Middle Ages.

This whole “population collapse“ when the birth rate is > 2 is such BS - I’m beginning to wonder whether he is adopting one more alt-right idea of “white genocide“. He is only concerned about birth rates among whites not all of humanity. There are a billion malnutritioned children in the world, but Elon wants “rich“ people to have more kids.
Diversity is very important for the survival of the human Race. If Chinese and Indians reproduce and whites don’t it lowers the diversity of the human genome and makes them more susceptible to desease.

Of course, whites are turning themselves into unbreedable obese incels so whose fault is it really?

Love or hate the yoke, that's your personal preference and there are aftermarket options you can purchase to fix that. Should Tesla have just shipped it with a steering wheel? Maybe, but I don't think complaining is going to change Elon's mind. I don't mind it, I have gotten used to it, and I don't even think about it anymore. I can make the same maneuvers compared to a regular wheel and through muscle memory can easily operate the capacitive buttons just fine. If there is one feedback, I would bring back the turn signal stalk. I have to make a quick left turn at the light and then in less than 60 yards make an immediate right to get into my condo garage. In the middle of a left turn, there is no way for me to flip the signal quickly or even know where the turn signal buttons are on my wheel. I've lost all reference points and I don't give the person behind me time to know which direction I'm going. All they care about is making the light and will be on my ass throughout the turn. I've adjusted by going around the block and having two right turns instead of a left and then right. All because of the position of the turn signals. If they simply put right on the right and left on the left. Yes it sucks, but it's not the end of the world and this won't be my last car. I hope that in the future they iterate their design and make it better.
Please let us know when you crash it.

I’m curious to hear from some “yoke lovers” what you all like about it. I understand the “why” behind it, from TESLA’s perspective (a round steering wheel would otherwise impede the driver’s view of the driver’s screen behind the steering wheel). Still, I find it ugly; although, admittedly, I have never driven a vehicle with a yoke. While I’m sure I would eventually get used to it, I would rather opt NOT to have a yoke, even though the yoke is not optional. Candidly, it reminds me of KIT from “Night Rider”. Finally, the main reason I do not like the yoke is because that is not how a hold my normal steering wheel (9 and 3), but rather I rest my arm in my lap and gently grip the steering wheel from the bottom, which one evidently cannot do with a yoke.

I hold a CyberTruck reservation, and I am hoping that the CyberTruck will NOT come equipped with a yoke steering wheel, although I fear that it just might—considering that the CyberTruck prototype boasts a yoke steering wheel. I am hoping to get a Model Y before they change that to a yoke steering wheel.
Run along now and go join your close minded friends in some Yoke hater thread.

• Informative
Reactions: Laddcruzer
Status
Not open for further replies.