Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you live in it so I guess you don't see how stupid and wasteful California is.
Ohhhh I get it now, you think you’re being witty and letting us all know where you fall on the political spectrum with your virtue signaling. “Y’all, here in Howdy Arabia we’ll air condition our empty cars if we want to, because ain’t no libtard tree huggers gon’ tell us otherwise! ‘Murica!”

Thank you for your thoughtful contribution. /pats conspicuously round head

1CE8E815-3712-4DF2-BC0F-2D2B59C3C1D4.jpeg

(Is this how we stereotype? Good times.)

(Also I’m just gonna fall on my snippiness sword and tag @jjrandolin directly so he can do the needful and send this post to the only place it was ever gonna end up. Worth it.)

Before the fact analysis - WallStreet ruled by thieves.

After the fact analysis - WallStreet ruled by thieves.

Move along puppy dog; barking up the wrong tree.
It has been studied over and over and over through the years. Stocks that split outperform the market and it isn't by a little bit... something to the tune of 15% over the next year since 1980 (25% by the company vs 10% for the market IIRC). To me, the main reasons is the messaging it sends to investors. The company is obviously expecting great things in the futures, thus they need to split the stock to maintain liquidity. Investors love confident management and boards... thus they tend to invest in companies that split.

It should be noted it isn't always the case where it goes up... but it is a pretty wild difference of up vs down and has one of the best correlations of short to medium term performance that you can have. One of the only things I know that beats it consistently is frequency of positive earnings revisions. Amazingly... Tesla has both of these in its favor...

Folks around here said naked short covering due to accounting of shares (today) make for a bull run. It did not happen. (Starfoxisdown)

Study from 2012 at Columbia says this: "our evidence re-affirms a link between the abnormal returns and earnings growth" Not the split. The fundamentals.

Other studies I perused claim 7% excess returns, but they fail to use controls. This is not something that one can control for.

The reason TSLA will go up, is because of the fundamentals of the company. not a stock split, not a stock dividend. Tesla will go up because it is the future. It will go up because of the business.

people that advocate or support a short term trade the split mentality contribute to the thievery.

Krugerand, keep your self righteous belittling comments to yourself, focus on the arguments, not the one uppance.

Krugerand, keep your self righteous belittling comments to yourself, focus on the arguments, not the one uppance.
I said NOTHING about what would happen to the SP in accordance with this split. NOTHING. What I did was make a sarcastic comment that directly referenced the endless arguments that went on before the last split.

I NEVER argue the SP going up or down based on anything. NEVER.

Now move along puppy and go chase your tail some place else.

I said NOTHING about what would happen to the SP in accordance with this split. NOTHING. What I did was make a sarcastic comment that directly referenced the endless arguments that went on before the last split.

I NEVER argue the SP going up or down based on anything. NEVER.

Now move along puppy and go chase your tail some place else.

And yet you remain a champion of denigration, heck it seems like half your posts are tearing down other posters.

Last edited:
We all know you are the “devils advocate”.

Never had to wrestle for control - just a gentle pull. If you think that is wrestling you need more exercise.

BTW, I’m slightly built with BMI close to 20.
Chief, speak for yourself.

When the car tried to veer into the median at 76 mph, I had to wrestle the control away in a split second. No ‘gentle pull’ there. 🤦🏻‍♂️

It is really tiring to see your constant shilling. You do realize you come across as an uncritical, highly biased Tesla shill, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.