Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Snippiness 2.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummed to see that they've implemented a new "Insane" driving mode. One of the things that makes the outgoing model so great is that it drives very nicely in normal mode so the full performance is always available without the need to daily in some neutered mode.

Cars with all these launch modes, Cheetah modes, Turbo Boost, etc. are stupid. It was even stupid on the TV show that invented driving modes. KITT had all this awesome capability, but for some reason the car always defaulted to "Eco mode" and every single episode featured Michael struggling with the primitive voice control system to get it running right. It never seemed like futuristic fantasy to me, just really bad automotive design.
My Plaid drives extremely nicely in "Plaid" mode with the suspension cranked as stiff as it goes, where it stays unless I feel like putting it in Drag Strip mode. What's stupid are people who foam at the mouth for a new performance model and then bitch because they are actually more concerned about Wh/Mile and dumbing the car down so they can be "comfortable". Sounds like you'd be better off with a Nissan Leaf or a bicycle.

Reactions: nate704
My Plaid drives extremely nicely in "Plaid" mode with the suspension cranked as stiff as it goes, where it stays unless I feel like putting it in Drag Strip mode. What's stupid are people who foam at the mouth for a new performance model and then bitch because they are actually more concerned about Wh/Mile and dumbing the car down so they can be "comfortable". Sounds like you'd be better off with a Nissan Leaf or a bicycle.
That's a bit rich coming here calling people stupid for not wanting exactly what you want. Who made your opinions the gold standard?

Reactions: Adam3
That's a bit rich coming here calling people stupid for not wanting exactly what you want. Who made your opinions the gold standard?
Its not what I want, it's what is available. Teslas have always had various power modes, and if pushing a button on the screen or modulating your right foot is too difficult, then perhaps consider a more pedestrian mode of transportation. There are changes I would certainly welcome, but I'm not going to come here and cry about it.

Its not what I want, it's what is available. Teslas have always had various power modes, and if pushing a button on the screen or modulating your right foot is too difficult, then perhaps consider a more pedestrian mode of transportation. There are changes I would certainly welcome, but I'm not going to come here and cry about it.
You also said people need to put up with a stiff ride and not want efficiency in a performance car otherwise they should buy a Leaf.

The reality is they can if they want offer a fast, comfortable and efficient car. They can make it more stiff for those that want that and more comfortable for people that want more comfort. They can change the power outputs and the throttle mapping if people want. Basically they can give a choice so it's the car suitable for all types and situations. The technology for this exists, it's only if it makes the car too expensive that they won't do it.

Not all tarmac is created equal, sports mode is likely fine if you have smooth roads but on some cars with a stiff suspension you'll rattle your teeth out in a lot of places in the UK. Same reason some might want smaller rims because they need more sidewall to avoid pothole damage.

Remember over 1 month ago I said I was told by a secret source that we won't be getting our white interiors until June and everyone called me bullshit and talked smack? How's your Apr - Jun delivery date feel now, dumbasses. No one is getting their white interior car for a very, very long time. June is being very optimistic. Don't hold your breath. They are having major factory delays along with supply chain issues that take months to resolve. Goodluck to those waiting.

Remember over 1 month ago I said I was told by a secret source that we won't be getting our white interiors until June and everyone called me bullshit and talked smack? How's your Apr - Jun delivery date feel now, dumbasses. No one is getting their white interior car for a very, very long time. June is being very optimistic. Don't hold your breath. They are having major factory delays along with supply chain issues that take months to resolve. Goodluck to those waiting.
You’re the asshole, by saying this.

Here's an idea to keep the discussion manageable...

gtfo

Here's an idea to keep the discussion manageable...

gtfo
Cross posting is discouraged here.

To keep it manageable go find the robotaxi thread and post there.

Hi, all --

PDupbs, thanks for sharing!

SidetrackedSue, agreed that the robotaxi thread might be a better place. Do you have a link? I'm not seeing a currently active discussion, but honestly didn't look that hard; using the search w. "Titles only" shows a seemingly relevant poll thread, maybe that would be better? At some level, though, my main topics are, "Can we use the tracker as a starting point?" and, "How rapidly might things progress?"

Mods, apologies, and I of course don't object to your cleaning things up as you see fit.

Yours,
RP

+1. Your post is nonsense, the build quality including paint has improved dramatically over the past 10 years. There are plenty of cars with what you're calling inferior paint in out of the way places ever since factory paint was moved from dipping to robots decades ago. But keep whining...
Are you the PR guy from Tesla or something? Why are you defending them like they put food on your table?

This is my first time owning an EV coming from an ICE car in the 50k-60k price range, which the MYP definitely prices at. And my old car 100% felt nicer and more premium all around. I knew beforehand there's always something about Tesla's fit and finish, but I still decided to give this tech a try and see how it actually feels like. I post here to share my experience, and to further confirm what people have been saying. Tesla paint is still not good as of 2024.

People like you are the worst, like Tesla fanboys, always defending whatever bs lord Elon Musk is giving out. I bet in the future when Musk decides to remove lumbar adjust on the driver side due to "no usage", you'll gladly accept it with copium doses up your nose, while deep down you know all of these are just cost-cutting measures, which already includes removal of radar, ultrasonic sensors and passenger lumbar.

… source?
Don't worry about it, don't believe anything Im saying, just enjoy waiting. Argue me all you people want, its not changing the fact that its April 9 and no white interiors being made. Cant argue with the facts ;)

My source is, have fun waiting a year. I'll be back in May to laugh some more, then be back in June and laugh some more as everyone here argues me lmao

"we've been waiting almost 5 months, do you have a source?" 😂😂😂😂😂😂 argue, argue, argue, but it wont change the facts of you waiting. No one is getting their car, anytime soon. Call BS to what Im saying i really dont care, doesnt change the fact that youre still waiting 🤣🤣🤣🤣😘

Well, yeah, that's what cars do. Trading cars every 5 or so years is a great way to empty your bank accounts, as you are repeatedly taking the biggest punch in the face on depreciation. You should expect a car to lose basically all of its value and therefore keep it for at least a decade to wring more value out of it.

Well, there's reality and then there are some things that Musk has said. I would not use the word "supposed to appreciate". That was a ridiculous, stupid, and yes, "Ludicrous" notion that was definitely never going to happen. Used cars are not going to appreciate above what a new car would be. You should not have believed that for a second.
I guess sometime when you are the Tesla fan boy, you get drink the koolaid that Musk was pouring.

THAT they are!

So custom that if you get one ding on one wheel you will have to get all four “refinished” - if you want all four wheels to match, per Signatures reply above (“It’s difficult to refinishing (sic) the whole wheel back to the original finishing.”)!
Are you and WilliamG the same person? It feels like every post he makes a post (usually) you're right there to make a follow-on complaint. Speaking of, do you do anything except complain?

If you're not the same person (maybe you two are just friends that both live in Seattle area), then it's just a very unique coincidence, and for that, I apologize for mistaking you two as the same person. But geez, a look through your post history is a lesson in pessimism. I hope you are happier in your real life than your online persona.

• Disagree
Reactions: jebinc
Can the SV104 triple black tinted be refinished if one gets damaged, say by FSD being insane and loving curbs?
Thanks for asking this question. Not to hijack (I can't send a direct message yet to ask you) but does FSD (now, or ever, maybe) automatically disengage if it hits a curb? I can definitely imagine curb rash being a very real issue if FSD wasn't sensitive enough.

• Disagree
Are you and WilliamG the same person? It feels like every post he makes a post (usually) you're right there to make a follow-on complaint. Speaking of, do you do anything except complain?

If you're not the same person (maybe you two are just friends that both live in Seattle area), then it's just a very unique coincidence, and for that, I apologize for mistaking you two as the same person. But geez, a look through your post history is a lesson in pessimism. I hope you are happier in your real life than your online persona.
No, I'm not that other member, but we seem to share similar opinions on certain things, like BS Plaid vibrations, FSDj and the finish issue with the SV104s (which I had on my Plaid). On this finish matter, it IS ridiculous to have to get all four wheels refinished if you curb one of them (or get a rock chip)..... I had sent Jamie a similar question a few months ago as well. Answer was the similar to the above. Still doesn't sit well with me.

Note: Pretty bold of you to make such strong comments, while holding a total post count of "2". 🤣 When you get to 20,000. let me know...

Thanks for asking this question. Not to hijack (I can't send a direct message yet to ask you) but does FSD (now, or ever, maybe) automatically disengage if it hits a curb? I can definitely imagine curb rash being a very real issue if FSD wasn't sensitive enough.
That's because you only have a post count of 2. When you grow up, TMC will allow you to DM other members. 🤣

Last edited:
No, I'm not that other member, but we seem to share similar opinions on certain things, like BS Plaid vibrations, FSDj and the finish issue with the SV104s (which I had on my Plaid).

Note: Pretty bold of you to make such strong accusation and comments, holding a total post count of "2". When you get to 20,000. let me know JA.
I guess I could just make useless posts to drive my post count up like you? Also, name calling, even if abbreviated ... Nice touch.

• Disagree
Status
Not open for further replies.