Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So disappointed with Cesar (LV, via SLC SC)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tesla does the bare minimum communications to get your car ready for delivery. They are not big on progress reports, updates, best guesses, is it here yet, and the hundreds of questions customers come up while they are anxiously awaiting delivery. It is kind of like waiting for Christmas, but you are never quite certain when Christmas day is on the calendar. But they do arrive, and then the communications open back up so Tesla can get the information they need to get the paper work done & the car delivered and paid for.

While it can be frustrating for the customer, it is the most efficient for Tesla.

The only time a Tesla service advisor has ever called me was out of the blue on June 29th to ask if they could drop my car off in an hour. To that point I had no delivery estimate, hadn't filled out any of the forms online, or set up any sort of payment. I wanted the car in the first few weeks of August, and let him know.

Now it's nearly September and... no car. They've always been bad at communication, though. Even back in 2013. This is nothing new.

To answer your question jagdato, Cesar is assigned to my delivery. My limited experience has been different than yours. Since you apparently have your vehicle, I recognize that you have had a longer period of interaction. Last week I received a boiler plate email from Cesar, introducing himself but making clear he wasn't seeing a VIN yet... just getting ready. I had several questions that he answered, in the back & forth email exchange that day. Two days later, I asked a follow-up question and he responded within the hour. Sounds like I have caught him on good days. In your experience, was Cesar uncommunicative throughout delivery, or did the communication with Cesar stop after an event?

Status
Not open for further replies.