Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Happy for the Subscription

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad the subscription model works for you! Just keep in mind others value the FSD capability pricing model differently. Back when I paid for it in full, it could do even less! I was paying the money to get current capabilities, but I was paying for future features (only some have arrived), and also for the HW3 upgrade.

Reactions: mikes_fsd
Glad the subscription model works for you! Just keep in mind others value the FSD capability pricing model differently. Back when I paid for it in full, it could do even less! I was paying the money to get current capabilities, but I was paying for future features (only some have arrived), and also for the HW3 upgrade.
i don't like funding research and development when that's the company's responsibility not the consumer

One way or another, the consumer is funding research and development, silly.
Ahh yes, because the terms private capital, venture capital, IPO, etc are all made up, and companies don't fail after millions/billions in R&D before ever shipping a product.

There is a reason we talk about investors and customers and have totally different rules. Customer purchases recover R&D investment, customers are not investors. Customers buy something of value for a fixed price (at the moment). Investors give money for the *hope* of something in the future (generally much more money) but with risk they will get nothing.

Last edited:
Ahh yes, because the terms private capital, venture capital, IPO, etc are all made up, and companies don't fail after millions/billions in R&D before ever shipping a product.

Venture capital and ipos are looking for a return on their capital. That return comes from customers. Duh.

who cares about companies that fail? Short sellers I guess 🤪