Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vern Padgett

Proud and Grinning Model S90D owners
Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2006
Whittier, California
Been checking every day.

30 or so Model 3 Teslas were given out a month ago.

Thinking that we have 100 or more given out now, a month after the 31 July Release?

Any news on those?

Any of you all have a Model 3, produced at Fremont in August?

Even if it's built fully on a production line you can't ramp up the production to fast as you need to make sure everything is done right.
That ship has sailed. This is a billion dollar company that I believe could be achieving much more than what they are. From the number of employees they have in both giga buildings to the amount of money they generate.....

Tesla isn't Lamborghini or Bugatti or Ferrari where they make one car per month. by hand on purpose.

So do you believe that it would still be ok if Tesla was making 1 Model 3 per day? - as they did last month?

To save time and the length of this thread....my next question is How do you know they aren't?.

I know they are shooting off rockets and stuff like that...........

They have the largest buildings, but not the largest production....what does that mean?
worldslargest16-2.jpg

Last edited:
From what i understood ( and don t take this for granted ) The M3 Factory is much more autonomous than the MS. Therefore it probably takes more time for the engineers to setup the system for each machine.

But as soon as the production line is setup, they will be able to make a lot of cars in a short period of time, especially since that, as soon as 1 production line is ready, they can copy everything to a new production line, especially the AI codes that requiers a lot of optimisation time.

Reactions: Robert831 and 22522
That ship has sailed. This is a billion dollar company that I believe could be achieving much more than what they are. From the number of employees they have in both giga buildings to the amount of money they generate.....

Tesla isn't Lamborghini or Bugatti or Ferrari where they make one car per month. by hand.

So do you believe that it would still be ok if Tesla was making 1 Model 3 per day? - as they did last month?

To save time and the length of this thread....my next question is How do you know they aren't?.

I know they are shooting off rockets and stuff like that...........
I don't believe even BMW can produce 1000 cars per day from the first day they start a new production line, they have to build cars slowly and inspect them very carefully to make sure that every robot have the settings right and that it don't differ to much between each car. This is the reason Elon always talked about an S-curve for the production ramp.
Why do you think Tesla is doing only 1 Model 3 per day? First Model 3 was finish the 9th July and at the relieve the 28 July they said 50 Model 3 was produce wish means already then they should have a production over 2 Model 3 per day, especially if the production was faster the 27th July then the 11th July. Teslas goal is that they will produce 100 Model 3 in august and 1500 in Q3, if they succeed they need to built over 1300 Model 3 in September wish is far more then 1 per day.

I don't believe even BMW can produce 1000 cars per day from the first day they start a new production line, they have to build cars slowly and inspect them very carefully to make sure that every robot have the settings right and that it don't differ to much between each car. This is the reason Elon always talked about an S-curve for the production ramp.
Why do you think Tesla is doing only 1 Model 3 per day? First Model 3 was finish the 9th July and at the relieve the 28 July they said 50 Model 3 was produce wish means already then they should have a production over 2 Model 3 per day, especially if the production was faster the 27th July then the 11th July. Teslas goal is that they will produce 100 Model 3 in august and 1500 in Q3, if they succeed they need to built over 1300 Model 3 in September wish is far more then 1 per day.
You are going by what they said. I'm going by what they did.

Month 1 = 30 cars delivered at semi-reveal 2.

This is month 2. As this post title asks. So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

I don't care what they say. I don't want to see a chart or a promise. What is really happening?

This is month 2. As this post title asks. So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

I don't care what they say. I don't want to see a chart or a promise. What is really happening?
If you don't care what Tesla says, then you will never know for sure as there is now way that we here on the forum can keep track on how many Model 3 that have been rolling out from the factory. If someone maid a document where everyone how spotted a Model 3 added the VIN then we could get a minimum but that would still be long way from all. Will you believe the numbers Tesla gives in the beginning of October and then in the quarter report in November?

You'll just ned to wait until quarter-end reporting. Nobody reveals daily or weekly production figures. Most car builders do give monthly figures. Tesla long ago said they'd do quarterly because their production process month on month was volatile. Many of us are impatient because the first deliveries did happen so we want ramp up NOW! Ain't gonna happen that way.

Get over it or cancel your reservation(s). I was second in line at my local store too, so waiting since 31st March 2016 is painful. We all are eager to have our cars. We have not been misled about this, we've probably been mis-hoped.o_O

Unless we hear from Elon sooner we will know when Tesla reports Q3 deliveries in early October. We know they built 50 production cars in July and delivered 30 so delivering 100 in August should be a slam dunk. Until early October just enjoy the sightings and continue speculation.

Re, scaling rates and "hand-built" cars: M3 is engineered for mass production. It will not, however, begin in mass-production. All automated production lines do not come online / have their bugs ironed out at exactly the same time, and production of vehicles involves many, many steps. Any current holes in the process will be filled with manual labour. Many if not most mechanical systems will ultimately also involve numerous copies of the same hardware - but early on there will be only one or a few of such systems, while they iron out any bugs. Lastly, early production lines tend to be inconsistent - full of line stops and QA problems.

All of these things combine together to make very low volume, labour intensive vehicles early on.

We don't know, but in the pictures thread it seems like every time somebody goes to the factory there are several Model 3's about, different colors each time. Seems easy enough to believe they could have built a hundred this month. I'm not sure what information you are expecting to get.

Garlan,
I suggest you email Tesla and ask them to install multiple high definition webcams at strategic locations along the production line. They could then live stream to the entire world Model 3 production progress. After all, we have the right to know right?

It would give the GM and BMW upper management something to do between solitare games on their Windows 95 Computers.

RT

If you don't care what Tesla says, then you will never know for sure as there is now way that we here on the forum can keep track on how many Model 3 that have been rolling out from the factory. If someone maid a document where everyone how spotted a Model 3 added the VIN then we could get a minimum but that would still be long way from all. Will you believe the numbers Tesla gives in the beginning of October and then in the quarter report in November?
Even the great ELON continues to quote: Don't give me a powerpoint. Powerpoint means nothing. Show me the product. Don't show me a plan.

That's all I'm saying, however at Tesla. <----- That's fair.