Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So Like it has been a month, and how many new Model 3s are out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Indeed its amazing that Tesla isn't developing many cars nor information. Its almost like they are back to building by hand. Its been over 18months since the initial reveal....right? I can't keep up anymore.

From your statements I'm almost certain that you have zero background in manufacturing anything as you appear to have no idea of the tooling and set up process needed for automated manufacturing of this kind.

You used BMW as an example. When the current generation 3 series (F30) was released BMW did a big fanfare event where they drove about 20-30 of the cars out of the Munich factory and to their giant delivery center (also in Munich). Many of the cars were observed to have quite sloppy panel fitment, especially for BMW standards.

After that could you go in and drive home in a new 3 series? No. It was several months before there was any available volume and you could order a car and get it perhaps 1-2 months later.

Tesla essentially did the same thing. They did a very public hand off of about 30 "final" production cars because those cars were built in the final assembly area using final revision parts.

Real mass production is probably at least another month or two away and that will still be slow production by the standards of how many Civics Honda can crank out in a month.

From your statements I'm almost certain that you have zero background in manufacturing anything as you appear to have no idea of the tooling and set up process needed for automated manufacturing of this kind.

You used BMW as an example. When the current generation 3 series (F30) was released BMW did a big fanfare event where they drove about 20-30 of the cars out of the Munich factory and to their giant delivery center (also in Munich). Many of the cars were observed to have quite sloppy panel fitment, especially for BMW standards.

After that could you go in and drive home in a new 3 series? No. It was several months before there was any available volume and you could order a car and get it perhaps 1-2 months later.

Tesla essentially did the same thing. They did a very public hand off of about 30 "final" production cars because those cars were built in the final assembly area using final revision parts.

Real mass production is probably at least another month or two away and that will still be slow production by the standards of how many Civics Honda can crank out in a month.
Personal Insults are going to yet you nowhere. ( ignored)

I don't think there will be any meaningfull information on Model 3 production/delivery before quarterly numbers early October. Some website may try to estimate it but their methods will likely be limited by the NDA that Tesla asks off those employees who took delivery already. August production may have been 20 or 200, I don't think we will ever know before it has become a small historical tidbit in the next Elon Musk biography. Personally, I am looking forward to the configurator opening up for the first batch of non-employees. If Tesla wants to meet end-of-October estimates this must happen somewhere (late) September.

Agree. The assembly line will be in step-wise refinement. Patience is required!

March 2016 was the Reveal. Today, its 519 days later.

30 cars are "non power point" cars. We actually saw them.

How many more than 30 are out there - "non power point" ?

We have no idea. I can understand you wanting to know, but since Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers I'm not sure what you were expecting. I guess I'm just a bit confused by the angst. We know they are producing cars, new cars have been seen during August at the factory. We know the number is low, the goal for August was only 100 cars. Beyond that it's an unknown, but we always knew it would be an unknown.

Personal Insults are going to yet you nowhere. ( ignored)
My parents wanted to buy a Audi Q5 a few years ago but it was 18 month delivery time on them, why didn't they just but up another production line and produce 10 000 car per day a month later so that they could meet the demand? Why will it take until 2020 before Volkswagen ID will go in to production, they should be able to set up production in a couple of days.

We have no idea. I can understand you wanting to know, but since Tesla doesn't release monthly numbers I'm not sure what you were expecting. I guess I'm just a bit confused by the angst. We know they are producing cars, new cars have been seen during August at the factory. We know the number is low, the goal for August was only 100 cars. Beyond that it's an unknown, but we always knew it would be an unknown.

That's fair.

I don't think there will be any meaningfull information on Model 3 production/delivery before quarterly numbers early October. Some website may try to estimate it but their methods will likely be limited by the NDA that Tesla asks off those employees who took delivery already. August production may have been 20 or 200, I don't think we will ever know before it has become a small historical tidbit in the next Elon Musk biography. Personally, I am looking forward to the configurator opening up for the first batch of non-employees. If Tesla wants to meet end-of-October estimates this must happen somewhere (late) September.

Do we know for a fact Tesla required these employee-owners to sign NDAs?

Reactions: Matias