Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, my car was hit by lightning at the Grove City, OH supercharger...

pgiralt

Supporting Member
Jun 16, 2013
Cary, NC
After a month and a half, my car is back! I missed it so much, especially since I had to drive a BMW for the last 2 weeks. It was worth the wait, though. The people at the Columbus, OH service center did an EXCELLENT job. I'm very happy with how Tesla treated this matter. The visor doesn't seemed to have been signed, though. I'll send a message out to bonnie about it.

Great news! Did they allow you to share what was actually fixed/replaced?

They replaced a lot of stuff, not all of it broken, and sent it to Fremont for testing. So I really don't know exactly what was broken or what went wrong. I think we'll just have to wait for Tesla to release any information on that.

Bummer. I suspect they won't have very much to say and I'd have loved to hear all about it. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they think it is interesting enough to comment publicly.

Cyclone

Cyclonic Member ((.oO))
Jan 12, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Did warranty cover lightning strike?

I believe the Op explained that. Normally no. Normally, you would go through your insurance. However, Tesla wanted to examine the car and came to an agreement to cover the replacement/repair costs as a courtesy so that they could study the vehicle and how it was affected.

• Informative
Reactions: EVie'sDad

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC