Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reliable Shops Near Brea, CA (East LAC/ North OC) for Tesla Model 3 Wheel Alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TL;DR: Trying to collect a list of reliable shops near Brea, CA for Tesla Model 3 wheel alignment. I'm trying to find a good one that "deserves" my business.

Long Version: Will someone share some reliable shops that they go to near Brea, CA for their Tesla wheel alignment? There are several similar posts asking for people's experiences, but I'd something more constructive and specific. I myself have had a difficult time finding a reliable shop. It's almost infuriating to think that consumers are at such disadvantage when it comes to having access to reliable auto mechanics. I am sharing my own experience if anyone's curious, but I hope this post can collect some reputable auto / tire shops that deserve Tesla (Model 3) owners' businesses and save fellow local owners sometime in their research.
I'm in Brea, CA, far east LA County / far north Orange County. I always go to Rene's Tires (La Puente) for tire patches. It's $20 for a quick patch. Little to no wait, no pressure, no upsell of any sort. A real & honest shop.

Initially they seemed OK to do my alignment for $130 (when I patched the car), but when I returned (after new tires from Costco, I needed new ones anyway), I was told that the tech was not there (Sunday), so I had to do another trip. I called Mountain View Tire (Rowland Heights), was quoted for about the same price, and then went in, but was told by who seemed to be the manager that they don't work on Teslas. I'd void my warranty if they worked on my alignment, so I left. Note: Not being a Tesla-certified shop is not the same as not having the experience or know-how.

When I called back on Monday again with Rene's Tire to confirm that the tech is there, I was told that they cannot do it because its' a Tesla.

I checked with Tesla to see how much is the wheel alignment, and if they had such a policy. I was greeted with confusion and was provided an estimate me $240. which then later raised it to $270. Based on a combination of what I read online from multiple owners / technicians, I figured doing Tesla's wheel alignment are a little bit different, but not all that different. It all comes down to each shops experience, which comes down to luck. I don't think vehicle owner's should receive varying level of services based on luck, and therefore the reason that I'm here.

Called American Tire Depot (Artesia) by accident, was quoted $160, (with a $25 Father's day discount would bring it down $135). went down to American Tire Depot (Brea) and was greeted by confusion (which is my bad) and was quoted $229, with a attempt to get my business by doubling the coupon and charging me $170. At the moment, I was not readily comfortable with the price difference because I'm expecting the same price across the different locations for the same brand, even though they're different locations. While the guy tried to explain that Tesla's take a bit more work, I needed some time to process. Called American Tire Depot (Diamond Bar) to get some clarification, was quoted $150, accepts $25 Father's day discount which would've brought it to $125. When I got there, I was told that if the camber is off, they wouldn't be able to adjust it because they don't know how. (Implying that only Tesla knows how)..This is when (I think) finding a reliable shop outside of Tesla became a personal mission for me.

I looked more into this whole wheel alignment thing and also wanted to ask the Tesla community, but did not find it (this subject line) right away. I hope that others can share their experiences as well, and I also want this to be a helpful resource for others. I think my next car will also be a Tesla, but, really, it's just an alignment!
Firestone (Brea) seem to be able to do it, and I'm scheduled for Saturday at 9:00am. After seeing this thread, I'm not 100% hopeful that they do it. I'm guessing it'll be shop dependent, or even tech dependent. I was quoted $111.99 (1 yr warranty) and $189 something (lifetime). Online it's $111.99 for alignment with 1 year warranty and $209.99 for alignment with lifetime warranty. If you've read it up to here, you may be catching my drift. I have trust issues, but I also don't think I am a complete product of my environment.

I called Community Tire Brea (link) and was quoted about $125, confident that he can do it, but if parts are needed will need to order it (like a bolt for adjusting the camber or something).

Other options:
  • I saw Solesbee Auto Crafts (yelp) as a certified Tesla shop, (all the other ones seem to only focus on collision repair, this one at least mentions alignment), but they seem to work M-F 8am-5:30pm, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to use their service given my inflexible work situation.
  • Saw this youtube video that mentioned Chewerks, but also found a few bad reviews. I'm actually happy to give them a try, but will probably do so after I try the Firestone shop first, then Chewerks, then Community Tire Brea.
  • I'm glad there are at least some other options...
I'll report back with some good news, hopefully sooner rather than later.

Solesbee doesn’t do wheel alignments (collision only). Heard from a friend that Temple City Auto Repair will do it, but it’s a bit far from me. Have good feelings about either Cheworks or Community Tire Brea, but ended up scheduling with and tried Firestone Brea, the $209.99 ($189.99 after $20 discount) wheel alignment with lifetime warranty was too good of a deal to pass on. Think they did alright! If not, I can always come back for as long as I own the car.

Good luck to y’all.

If you don't mind the drive, check out 714 Tires in Westminster.
I take my X and Y here for alignment and tire services. Was just there yesterday to have the n2itive alignment kit installed on the X. In and out in a few hours with alignment dialed in. FYI, they will be closed next week for the 4th of July break.