Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So now that the S/Plaid is out with the new UI...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if we will be getting that same UI, and if so, anytime soon....
I watched the first plaid delivery "event" live...

The only real "reveal" of the event was Elon promising to implement waypoints in the nav system... people had huge expectations hoping for reveals about the sub $25,000 Tesla, info about reason for plaid+ for model S going away, CyberTruck final design, roadster update, or Semi update... we get a verbal promise (less concrete than a tweet) that we will be getting waypoints in navigation.

Keith

The only real "reveal" of the event was Elon promising to implement waypoints in the nav system... people had huge expectations hoping for reveals about the sub $25,000 Tesla, info about reason for plaid+ for model S going away, CyberTruck final design, roadster update, or Semi update... we get a verbal promise (less concrete than a tweet) that we will be getting waypoints in navigation.

Keith
Nothing Elon Musk says is a promise. It's at most a statement of intent.

Reactions: s373n and KentheJ

Keith
Not sure why you were expecting any of the non-Model S stuff, it was billed as a Model S Plaid delivery event....

Not sure why you were expecting any of the non-Model S stuff, it was billed as a Model S Plaid delivery event....

A bunch of vehicles under car covers in the background were an un-fulfilled tease. In general the "first delivery of" video's are crap... I just happened to be on my phone when the alert popped up so I watched it. Next time I won't bother.

Keith

PS: Why do they live stream these deliveries?

A bunch of vehicles under car covers in the background were an un-fulfilled tease. In general the "first delivery of" video's are crap... I just happened to be on my phone when the alert popped up so I watched it. Next time I won't bother.

Keith

PS: Why do they live stream these deliveries?
It gives everyone a chance to dee what's going on. Even though this is in the Y forum. Some S customers in waiting are probably wondering what's in store for them. Tesla has a live team, so why not?

It gives everyone a chance to dee what's going on. Even though this is in the Y forum. Some S customers in waiting are probably wondering what's in store for them. Tesla has a live team, so why not?
I would rather they had a press team that dealt with journalists / car bloggers / car magazines than run a live stream on delivering the first few cars of a model line that isn't really in production yet.

Keith