Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So, paint protection film

Are you getting Paint Protection Film installed on your new Tesla?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To each their own... I’ve used those kinds of service before - wouldn’t let any touch my <1 year old Tesla personally.
Yep you just used the wrong ones. It all comes down to the quality of the tradesman. A crap tradesman in an expensive shed will do a crap job. A skilled tradesman in a van will do a great job. Just swap the words around for the various combo’s. The paint is the same either way. Literally identical. Both use the same scanning device to match the paint. I went off the crash repairers when I called in to see how my 3 week old bmw repair was going at the official bmw approved repairer, to find the windows down and the interior covered in paint dust, and was told it will be fine, they clean it all up. So yeah, each to their own.

Reactions: raynewman
Yep you just used the wrong ones. It all comes down to the quality of the tradesman. A crap tradesman in an expensive shed will do a crap job. A skilled tradesman in a van will do a great job. Just swap the words around for the various combo’s. The paint is the same either way. Literally identical. Both use the same scanning device to match the paint. I went off the crash repairers when I called in to see how my 3 week old bmw repair was going at the official bmw approved repairer, to find the windows down and the interior covered in paint dust, and was told it will be fine, they clean it all up. So yeah, each to their own.

But given the price you’ve mentioned is about the same as paint protection film replacement- wouldn’t it be better to just not need to get a respray in the first place...? I.e. by having paint protection film ;)

But given the price you’ve mentioned is about the same as paint protection film replacement- wouldn’t it be better to just not need to get a respray in the first place...? I.e. by having paint protection film ;)
Possibly, possibly not. The circumstance I was in which was a severely scratched and dented panel....not sure what film would have achieved. Equally if someone backs into your film protected front bumper hard enough you’re up for a paint job.
Paint protection film in that circumstance makes it more expensive, as you have to fix the bodywork and then reapply the film.

Reactions: raynewman