Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal charging $$

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone tell me how much it is to charge your Model Y in So California?

I have unlimited on my Model S, and my buddy is looking to buy a Y and wants to know.
I was estimating $25 for a full charge, for 300 miles - is that accurate?

Thanks.

Well nobody really drives to 0% before charging, especially on a day to day use. With gas cars I fill to 100% and drive until the Empty light. But with my Tesla, I will only charge to 90% and drive until about 50% before recharging.

For pricing the cost varies. At home in LA, its about 20cent/kWh whereas a supercharger will be a little pricier. About 28cents/kWh. So for a hypothetical 100% charge it would cost $14-20

edit: Also, realistically I get 275 miles range on the MY battery, not 300 miles.

It varies somewhat but I think average is $0.28/KWH and the battery is 75KWH. That's inbetween LADWP's Tier 2 and Tier 3 pricing of $0.23 and $0.32 so it's basically "market price" for electricity and not more or less expensive (I know I know you should have a separate TODU meter or solar at home but assuming you just pay standard rates).

Reactions: captanzuelo
Can someone tell me how much it is to charge your Model Y in So California?
I have unlimited on my Model S, and my buddy is looking to buy a Y and wants to know.
I was estimating $25 for a full charge, for 300 miles - is that accurate?
Thanks.
You can get the pricing for each SuperCharger, as they are slightly different from each other,
and the cost got recently updated to $.32 to $.36, using the Display map inside your Model S.

Using A Better Routeplanner you can evaluate the cost of your trip and each leg, here is an example:

ABRP WA Trip .jpg

Some other useful SuperCharger webpage tools: