Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have owned a 2023 Model Y Performance since December 2022 (yes I purchased right before the ~$13k price reduction) and wondered what I should expect for range.

I frequently drive from the Pensacola area to Atlanta and back which is almost all highway and I usually charge to 100% before leaving so the estimated range is approx. 300 miles, however when I stop to charge at about 200 miles I generally have less than 15% range left; meaning I am getting less than 250 miles. I typically set the cruise control at ~80 so not sure if that has that big of an impact. Is this to be expected? How should one drive to get 300 miles from a full charge?

I have owned a 2023 Model Y Performance since December 2022 (yes I purchased right before the ~$13k price reduction) and wondered what I should expect for range.

I frequently drive from the Pensacola area to Atlanta and back which is almost all highway and I usually charge to 100% before leaving so the estimated range is approx. 300 miles, however when I stop to charge at about 200 miles I generally have less than 15% range left; meaning I am getting less than 250 miles. I typically set the cruise control at ~80 so not sure if that has that big of an impact. Is this to be expected? How should one drive to get 300 miles from a full charge?
I notice a large difference in efficiency between 70 and 80 mph. THat said, I think even driving at 70 MPH you're gonna have to stop to charge. I'm planning to replace my wheels with smaller tires to regain some range.

Upvote 0
We have a new 2023 YP, We set the charging for 83% as recommended by Tesla, when the car was delivered. At 83%, we generally got btwn 252 miles and 258. However, lately those miles have dropped to 232230 respectively. Not sure what the issue is? Vehicle was delivered in April and we have apprx 3.5k miles on the odometer. Btw, we've never ran the battery below 30%.

Any help or suggestions would greatly be appreciated!

Upvote 0
Here is some light reading.
Basically if the car does not go to sleep, then range estimation gets off.

Upvote 0
MYP2023 delivere feb 23
At 100% it gives me range of 285 Miles in avg temp Michigan weather.
Car has almost 13000 miles of mix hwy and city driven conservatively.
I got about 30kWh/100miles since new.

Anyhow about 10% loss in first 10000 miles or so seems std from what I am reading.
Freeway above 70 kills my range also. MYP more than M3 due to size. It was off by about 40 miles on a recent 4 hour trip. Thats because I drove 85 the majority of trip
On another trip it was spot on but I drove 65. So about 20 mph faster burns about 13/15 miles per hour more off your departure estimate?!?

AND Lastly. Yeah WTF Tesla? When I bought the car its said to charge at 90% for daily driving now 80%. Make up your mind

Reactions: fuzzthatwuz
Upvote 0
When I bought my 2022 MYP the stated range was 303 miles. I notice the specs for the 2023 MYP (as of 1/7/24) are 285 miles. I charged mine to 100% within 30 days of delivery, in Nov. 2022, at a 250 KW supercharger. It maxed out at exactly 303 miles. That's the only time I've charged to 100% at a Supercharger. I charged to 100% at my home wall charger to 100% in Oct. 2023. It maxed out at 287 miles. I assume the degradation is just normal and has nothing to do with software updates. (5% degradation isn't horrible).

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Upvote 0
That doesn’t apply here.

My MYP has the 2023.44.30.7 update and is currently showing 220 range with 74%. That calculates to 297 mi @100%.

Those changes probably only apply to new orders in this year. And if anything, might come in a future update, but it’s not here yet.

edit, just to add that according to this site, as of this post, the only update after .7 is the .10, which is only for employees.

Last edited:
Upvote 0