Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal: just passed inspection

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does it really take 4-6 weeks for PTO (SCE). It’s been a very long and frustrating process dealing with Tesla and I signed up back in September 2020. Had to go through 2 different redesign and city submittal. All of this could had been avoided if Tesla did this right on the first time!

I have a neighbor who is also on this forum that got his PTO from SCE in a week I believe. I am going through the same process. Ordered in September, still fighting with LA County because Tesla decided to upsize the inverter to 10K because they couldn't get a 7.6K SE inverter. Probably because Tesla now has their own for that size. Now the load center for the inverter is technically overloaded even though I only have 9.5K worth of panels. UGH. This has been going on for a month now.

My understanding is once Tesla sends the NEM to SCE, it gets entered into powerclerk and usually you get PTO in a day or so. The bottleneck is Tesla. Ask them if they have sent your NEM paperwork to SCE yet.

Reactions: bobby g
nor cal passed inspection late dec '20 (sorry do not recall exact) still no pto from SCE .. due to tesla slow to submit / and one time missing info on document .. impression is SCE relatively fast with processing
same story . quality of install / installation team great .. customer service not so much .. but saved a lot of $$ so meh

Last edited:
Edison told me they are out within 5 days after docs submitted by Tesla. My city said they could show up the next day. I bugged Tesla and got city final in a week and I was told yesterday that papers to Edison by the end of the day.

Edison also told me that they require an email for the homeowner and that they'll notify me when docs filed.

Waiting

My PTO documents were submitted to PG&E on 1/16. I called PG&E a week later and was told they requested additional documentation from Tesla. I followed up with my project advisor to make sure the documents would be sent over. A week later I called PG&E again and was informed they requested a variance document from Tesla, so I followed up with Tesla twice to get status on when the variance document would be submitted. I called PG&E today, they told me the engineers are reviewing the documentation. If you don't hear anything in a few days, I would call SCE to see where things are at. Be sure to follow up with your project advisor if SCE is waiting on something from Tesla.

Reactions: Electrph