Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SoCal Tesla Energy install reviews?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I am about to pull the trigger on solar, I really want to make Tesla work out for me, but I read so many poor reviews on YELP of Solar City down here in San Diego, and their quote is 40% more expensive with a smaller system.

I know they will price match (I believe its like for like equipment), but I am still concerned about taking the plunge based on the poor reviews. Has anyone installed recently with them? Anything really changed since the takeover?

So I am about to pull the trigger on solar, I really want to make Tesla work out for me, but I read so many poor reviews on YELP of Solar City down here in San Diego, and their quote is 40% more expensive with a smaller system.

I know they will price match (I believe its like for like equipment), but I am still concerned about taking the plunge based on the poor reviews. Has anyone installed recently with them? Anything really changed since the takeover?
I live in North County San Diego and recently had a San Diego based crew complete my install. I thought they they did really good work..If you go with them make sure you get details of your project from your design consultant.I had some issues with design that slowed the project considerably.

Here are some photos of the powerwalls and the solar panels
20180808_204517.jpg
20180712_160343.jpg

I live in North County San Diego and recently had a San Diego based crew complete my install. I thought they they did really good work..If you go with them make sure you get details of your project from your design consultant.I had some issues with design that slowed the project considerably.

Here are some photos of the powerwalls and the solar panels View attachment 327838 View attachment 327839

Thanks - where in north county? I am in San Elijo... Tesla are still +$1k even on a price match! Cant decide if I should go with them to keep it all in the Tesla family or not.

Just seeing if anyone else had anything else to add here. I'm in Orange County and am going back and forth between a smaller, private company with stellar reviews vs. Tesla and their not so stellar reviews. I know the inverters will need replacing after 10 years or so, and the private company has been around for 10 years. I just am concerned whether the private company will still be around after 10 years. Tesla should still be around after 10 years (hopefully!).

We did Battery install with Tesla direct (San Diego). No problem and they were quick and efficient. The Solar Array was US Green back in 2014. Installers don't matter on the warranty since that is separate companies for the inverters and panels themselves.

Just seeing if anyone else had anything else to add here. I'm in Orange County and am going back and forth between a smaller, private company with stellar reviews vs. Tesla and their not so stellar reviews. I know the inverters will need replacing after 10 years or so, and the private company has been around for 10 years. I just am concerned whether the private company will still be around after 10 years. Tesla should still be around after 10 years (hopefully!).

I am also deciding between Tesla Solar and other company solar panel which are Panasonic. I got warranty for 25 years for all the hardware and roof, minus monitoring device which is 10 years. Make sure if possible warranty is backed by manufacturer as well as the company. If company goes belly up, you can contact directly. For inverters i was quoted SolerEdge with upgraded 25 year warranty from smaller company. Otherwise SOL.