Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SOCAL Tesla Sightings/Missed Connections Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you're familiar with the "missed connections" section on Craigslist, I find myself wanting to have something like that for other Teslas I've encountered in Southern California. I see so many Teslas every day here, but nobody seems to want to say hi or even acknowledge me! I even pull up right next to them looking over trying to wave or smile, but everyone seems to just look ahead and not even notice another Tesla next to them.

If anyone has interesting sightings or encounters with Teslas in SoCal, discuss below! Maybe we'll connect with some local TMC members ;)

Saw a blacked out Model S in Yorba Linda today, with legacy plates. Color was a dark gunmetal gray, smoked tail lights, blacked out all chrome, tinted windows. Looked really sinister with that murdered out look. I caught up to you and pulled next to you to wave, but you wouldn't even look at me! Anyways, whoever you are, your car looks sick!

Yeah, Tesla owners used to waive to each other and now nobody wants to acknowledge one another anymore. Kinna sad.
I experienced that in the late 70's with BMW's, then again when I first got my i3. But as the popularity grows, the uniqueness fades and the camaraderie.

That said, I think this is a very local phenomena. I just got back from New Orleans and I didn't see a single EV in four days. But driving around Northern California it's not unusual to see two or even three at a stop light.