Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The stock has ticked back up to $147 after the reca11 news... I made out quite nicely on my $155 Jan17s. I've only got about 20% of mgegy original position left on that. I also sold 1/3 of my $155 Jan24s but I'm going to hold on to those a bit longer.

I scraped together my last few pennies and bought 14 shares this a.m. at $139. It's okay with me if it continues up from now on. It has my permission now. Ha!

Haha, man if I would have held. I'm ok with that though, I had more in short term than I wanted. I'm comfortable at my level now. :)
Yea, ditto. What could have been...but I sold some on the way up the initial spike and some just a bit on the way down. Less than I could have made, but given it was looking like I'd lose it all with the 155's yesterday, I'm pretty damn content.

Short Term TSLA Investor Social Chat

My overall plan was to take half what I made and buy leaps with it and keep the rest for June options and put some back into solar. Solar is killing it today too so I'll hold off on that for a day or two to see what happens.

160's are gone now too at a 65% loss, I had written them off so I'm happy with that.

Why is everyone selling now?! Haha. This is what I've been waiting for and am being a bit greedy and not selling. I think this is a run that is just starting. Instead of selling my 155 weeklies I'm selling 160's to create a risk free (actually net profit :) ) spread. I really think we can get to 160 if we break the 154ish resistance. Let the news spread, analyst upgrades, Elon clarifying FUD, etc.

Just my opinions :) It's never wrong to take profits of course and everyone has different risk tolerance. Congrats to the longs!

Why is everyone selling now?! Haha. This is what I've been waiting for and am being a bit greedy and not selling.
Yea, starting to regret selling off my 150's and 155's in when it hit 148ish. Well, regret not keeping a few, but the 155's were so far in the hole starting the day I was happy to get to even on those, particularly when we hit a steep drop off the initial spike. Better off than I started with those options, which in and of itself is a small victory given my history with options.

I'll wait for things to settle and then evaluate. I'm gunshy on statements of a squeeze or a long term run. We had all the same verbiage here just before the Q3 reports too...

Yea, starting to regret selling off my 150's and 155's in when it hit 148ish. Well, regret not keeping a few, but the 155's were so far in the hole starting the day I was happy to get to even on those, particularly when we hit a steep drop off the initial spike. Better off than I started with those options, which in and of itself is a small victory given my history with options.

I'll wait for things to settle and then evaluate. I'm gunshy on statements of a squeeze or a long term run. We had all the same verbiage here just before the Q3 reports too...
I don't think I had fully processed the significance of what Jerome said when I pulled the trigger. I only sold enough so that my play breaks even. I'll wait for the next few days to play out before selling any more. Obviously my core position is untouched.