Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Social Chat - Short Term TSLA Movements

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning Seeking Alpha put out an article I'd submitted late Sunday night,

Don't Let Tesla Bears' Cage-Rattling Knock You Off Course (TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

while they vetoed the use of the term FUD, and requested a change in tone, I'm still glad to have it up.

thus far, I just see comments completely ignoring the content of my article to raise fabricated FUD talking points. Thank you TMC for allowing the use of that term :)

Don't Let Tesla Bears' Cage-Rattling Knock You Off Course (TSLA) | Seeking Alpha

while they vetoed the use of the term FUD, and requested a change in tone, I'm still glad to have it up.

thus far, I just see comments completely ignoring the content of my article to raise fabricated FUD talking points. Thank you TMC for allowing the use of that term :)

I just read that a few minutes ago and was just thinking of posting it here as a well-informed article debunking a lot of the popular bear myths of late. Good stuff!

Wow, the thing is should we even try do dispel the FUD anymore? I just think it is a shame if that makes people go short. It has reached amazing new heights since the last time I went over to Seeking Alpha. Still, reading those comments make me much more confident in my long position.

I think that people intentionally write negative misleading articles about Tesla on SA because that gets more visitors. I'm not sure many authors even agree with what they write.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated Note - http://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla_model_s

Great article SteveG...comments section is funny seeing, especially that first commenter who proves the entire point of your article, haha

I think that people intentionally write negative misleading articles about Tesla on SA because that gets more visitors. I'm not sure many authors even agree with what they write.

- - - Updated - - -

Unrelated Note - What it's like to own a Tesla Model S - A cartoonist's review of his magical space car - The Oatmeal

Haha awesome, especially since Elon has cited oatmeal's Tesla vs Edison comic before in one of his talks.

Edit: Here it is in case anyone hasn't seen it yet! Why Nikola Tesla was the greatest geek who ever lived - The Oatmeal

Saw this reposted a few times on my facebook feed already and we just broke $190 again... hmm Oatmeal rally? :cool:

Maybe Panasonic rally:
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Panasonic Corp. (PCRFY_) are up 3.68% to $10.92 on heavy volume after Fitch Ratings raised the electronics manufacturer to an investment grade rating following debt restructuring efforts and as the supplier to Tesla Motors (TSLA_) reported profit margins improved, Bloomberg reports.

Fitch upgraded Panasonic to BBB- from BB+ after the company posted improved margins and reduced debt in the year ended March, bolstering its credit profile, the rating company said.
LinkToArticle

be interesting to see if Elon bites on the $8M; Or lead the 'charge' for donations - Would be a great cause-
Yeah, I liked it until I saw the plea for 8mm USD...that might not just be to get the museum off the ground but may also be for the fluff that comes along with it (e.g. Paying the family member X salary to say he is the chairman, etc.).
Giving away 8mm is a lot of money and not something that should be done by anyone without proper due diligence...unfortunately the US govt often gives much larger sums out all the time for corrupt purposes where due diligence would have prevented it.

id also like to see a paper trail of exactly what happened to the first 1.4mm they raised before considering any substantial donation again if I were EM

Yeah, I liked it until I saw the plea for 8mm USD...that might not just be to get the museum off the ground but may also be for the fluff that comes along with it (e.g. Paying the family member X salary to say he is the chairman, etc.).
Giving away 8mm is a lot of money and not something that should be done by anyone without proper due diligence...unfortunately the US govt often gives much larger sums out all the time for corrupt purposes where due diligence would have prevented it.

id also like to see a paper trail of exactly what happened to the first 1.4mm they raised before considering any substantial donation again if I were EM

Agree on this point, Elon has a very high networth but most of it is locked up in his equity from massive investments to start TM/SpaceX/SolarCity. The way the second part took some of the sheen off the feel-good of the whole thing, and if Elon did want to look into helping this side philanthropy it would take away from his scarce Tesla/SpaceX time and could draw complaints from investors. Frankly makes it tricky for Tesla or Elon to retweet what would have otherwise been great endorsement.

Agree on this point, Elon has a very high networth but most of it is locked up in his equity from massive investments to start TM/SpaceX/SolarCity. The way the second part took some of the sheen off the feel-good of the whole thing, and if Elon did want to look into helping this side philanthropy it would take away from his scarce Tesla/SpaceX time and could draw complaints from investors. Frankly makes it tricky for Tesla or Elon to retweet what would have otherwise been great endorsement.
Yes, a very bittersweet endorsement unfortunately