Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Soft Closing Doors - Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People are having difficulty with the electronic trunk opener due to a Tesla software update.
Model 3 Power Liftgate?

OMG

I was interested in their soft close door solution, but now? OMG can you imagine not being able to get into the car because of an update?
Model 3 Soft Closing Doors – Tesla Offer

You can't crawl into the trunk and manually open the doors.....or anything like that.

You would just be locked out of your car. permanently right? Are you kidding me?

What could someone do if the doors no longer open after you close them? ( Permanently leave the window down so that you can get in ?)

• Informative
Reactions: Msjulie
I think my kids and everyone else would still slam the doors shut. I'm curious what would happen if this occurs. Does the door still pop back out and then gently close? It defeats the purpose.

It's bad enough I have to give people a lesson on how to open the door from the outside and then another lesson to press the button on the inside to get out. Now I'd have to tell every one to "close the door gently"

No thanks.

I think my kids and everyone else would still slam the doors shut. I'm curious what would happen if this occurs. Does the door still pop back out and then gently close? It defeats the purpose.

It's bad enough I have to give people a lesson on how to open the door from the outside and then another lesson to press the button on the inside to get out. Now I'd have to tell every one to "close the door gently"

No thanks.

Well, on the Model X you can slam the door if you want. It will still gently close.

The difference is: Tesla created the Model X soft close and it works no matter what you do.

• Informative
Reactions: puckpurnell
It appears that product replaces the door latch. Given that Teslas are firmware-driven, I would never do anything like that to a Tesla I owned. The potential for future problems seems very high. And all the product does is pull the door in the final fraction of an inch. Since you still have to use your hand to pull or push the door in, the additional effort required to completely close the door is negligible. It seems like you would have to expend more effort calculating the amount of force not to completely close the door, so as to take advantage of the product you paid hundreds of dollars for, then it would take to simply close the door yourself.

This is a product in search of a problem, not a solution to a problem.
This is my next mod.

Model 3 Soft Closing Doors – Tesla Offer

Just waiting for the Model 3 video.

I love doing mods.

Reactions: calidreamz808
It appears that product replaces the door latch. Given that Teslas are firmware-driven, I would never do anything like that to a Tesla I owned. The potential for future problems seems very high. And all the product does is pull the door in the final fraction of an inch. Since you still have to use your hand to pull or push the door in, the additional effort required to completely close the door is negligible. It seems like you would have to expend more effort calculating the amount of force not to completely close the door, so as to take advantage of the product you paid hundreds of dollars for, then it would take to simply close the door yourself.

This is a product in search of a problem, not a solution to a problem.

None of these things are solutions to anything. That wasn't the question/topic in the first place.

They are all fun Toys and I enjoy them as such.

Now...when there are issues with my Toys...I discuss them.

In this case.....I see an issue with the toy....so I won't buy it.

I have installed them in my 2020 Model 3 and they worked fine at first. The drivers door quit pulling in after a few uses.
You can still close the door as normal but no soft close.
I have had no luck in getting ahold of Tesla Offer to get a replacement part and there store shows not available now.

Well, on the Model X you can slam the door if you want. It will still gently close.

The difference is: Tesla created the Model X soft close and it works no matter what you do.

No thanks.

I finally have mine installed and actually if you slam the door they will work just fine.
After the door closes it will actually pull in the door again to make sure it is closed all the way.

DIY? Installation video calmed down my enthusiasm... I installed both trunk and frunck, but doors look like a week-long project...

Actually it is not that hard... Give yourself a few hours... the kit came with NO INSTRUCTIONS and the install video is missing a lot of steps.

Still have not heard back from Tesla Offer to get a replacement for the left door actuator.

Did you have any problems? My drivers door failed and I can't get ahold of Tesla Offers.

I don't have any problems at all.

"whats app" is by far the best way to communicate with Tesla Offer and hanshow. Keep in mind that Tesla Offer is getting their stuff from Hansshow.

As a matter of fact....Hansshow provided me with an additional motor unit for the frunk - and I didn't even buy the unit from them. Hansshow is fantastic.

Smart Autoparts Equipment - Smart Your vehicle - Hansshow

Did you have any problems? My drivers door failed and I can't get ahold of Tesla Offers.

Did you end up getting a replacement?
Do these soft closers still work when the door is slammed? The kids love to slam the doors and they never listen (or forget) when I ask them not to. So slamming is going to be a frequent occurrence. Im hoping this kit will fix this!