Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Update 2018.40.x (Version 9)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My guess it is the M3-friendly version of 2018.40. Guessing will say "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes."

I am only looking forward to the update as I want to try initiating from the app.

I was able to do the update from the app when I went from 2018.39.6 to 2018.39.7. It worked quite well. I was very happy I didn't have to leave my bed to kick off the update :D

My guess it is the M3-friendly version of 2018.40. Guessing will say "This release contains minor improvements and bug fixes."

I am only looking forward to the update as I want to try initiating from the app.

Works well. I had 39.7 pushed to my car again to resolve fast blinker after mobile ranger worked on it. It was super convenient and worked without a hiccup.

Works well. I had 39.7 pushed to my car again to resolve fast blinker after mobile ranger worked on it. It was super convenient and worked without a hiccup.
I had exactly the same thing
Car already had 39.7 but they had to push it again for the fast blinker deal.
Thanks to the ATT issues it took three attempts to get it there, but it worked in the end.
The last one was all done from the app - completely painless

9AC889D9-25E0-4F39-BEE5-3B5ACF5C9EB9.jpeg

I just got 2018.40.1 installed a few hours ago after begging Tesla to push V9 to me in order to resolve another issue I've been having. (obstacle aware acceleration)

I was running V8 prior to this. I'm really loving V9 so far! Not sure how this differs from 39.x as I never got that, but AutoPilot seems to work perfectly fine. No ping ponging or relearning as others have reported for V9. I've been using the browser a lot and I've yet to see it fail for me. I'll be trying out the dashcam tomorrow.

It'd be nice to have Mad Max mode, though. AP hesitates to change lanes in the 405 highway with way other people would consider a ton of space. Not sure what else I should look for in this update.

Also received .40.1 this afternoon. The display of other vehicles is kind of wonky. Occasionally, the vehicle next to me is displayed 50% on top of my vehicle icon. Vehicles in the display oscillate randomly as well. Have not use AP yet in this version.

It behaved the same with 2018.39.x, so I suppose no improvement with that yet.

No ping ponging

On 39, I'm seeing it chicken out on lane changes (off freeway). Goes about 1/3 across then rapidly returns. I've only seen it once on the freeway. I think it's having trouble distinguishing lines from cracks... still. Was pretty clear to my eyes anyway.

Please, do not tell me (again) not to use EAP off the freeways. Thank you ;)