Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software Updates for City Slickers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm unable to get the Navigate update as it only appears to download on WiFi. I park in a garage without WiFi and short of driving around and finding a good WiFi signal and then waiting for the software to stage for download, I'm at a loss to get this update quickly. Any ideas out there? I can't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!

I'm unable to get the Navigate update as it only appears to download on WiFi. I park in a garage without WiFi and short of driving around and finding a good WiFi signal and then waiting for the software to stage for download, I'm at a loss to get this update quickly. Any ideas out there? I can't be the only one with this issue. Thanks!
This isn't the case. Sooner or later you'll get the update WIFI or no. Consider adopting (@forgotten member's) recommendation of doing random acts of kindness to improve your karma. Or carma, as it were.

Firmware updates should eventually be available via LTE, just with a delay of about 2 weeks.

Map updates probably require a Wi-Fi connection.

You might try hanging out at a Service Center while connected to their Wi-Fi if you need the map update.

TeslaFi has a nice firmware status page:
TeslaFi.com Tesla Model S X 3 Data Logger

Looks like just about everyone is on 2018.42.x or higher. I'd talk to a Service Center to see if something is preventing an update. Sometimes a reset helps. Sometimes Service has to clear up a problem.