Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my Tesla 2 months ago and haven’t receive any updates since the day after I got it, my WiFi connection is good but I still don’t have any update notification. I don’t really know what to do besides going to a service center but I live pretty far away from one

I’m on version 8.4

You are pretty much up to date at this point. 8.5 didn't really change much from 8.4. The 2019.9 and 2019.12 are only on a handful of vehicles at this point.

Attachments

• upload_2019-4-13_0-37-23.png
    upload_2019-4-13_0-37-23.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 100
  • Helpful
Reactions: Leafdriver333
A few days ago I received a software update to 2019. 8.5. In the notice that outlined the new features in the update it mentioned that there were additional features in the summon command when using a key fob. I am wondering if I was supposed to receive a key fob on delivery?

BWilli
M3 LR AWD (Multicoat Red, Prem Black,19” Sp. Wheels, FSD, EAP)
Reserved 4/8/16. Ordered 6/30/2018. Delivered 9/26/18

Schedule a service appointment through the phone app to have your firmware updated. They will not make you come in to do this. They can push it remotely.
I agree. Bought car and still had 3 month old version on it after 2 weeks I did what you suggested and the car was updated 2 hrs later. I am confused by OP. His location listed as Sacramento but claims to live far from service center?

• Informative
Reactions: Leafdriver333
I received the update from 8.3 to 8.5 a few days ago. My Navigation settings screen has two items grayed out — Require Lane Change Confirmation and Lane Change Notification. Not sure what to do. Any advice?

View attachment 396541

I figured this out. For others with this issue: I needed to turn OFF Navigate on Autopilot and then tun it back on. That allowed me to select No or Yes for Require Lane Change Confirmation. When I selected No, it then allowed me to select which Lane Change Notification I wanted. I selected Both chime and vibrate. All good now. Now, I just need to get comfortable with the car changing lanes on its own with the roadways around here.

I bought my Tesla 2 months ago and haven’t receive any updates since the day after I got it, my WiFi connection is good but I still don’t have any update notification. I don’t really know what to do besides going to a service center but I live pretty far away from one
I was so excited about receiving the car that I forgot to set up the WiFi. As soon as I did and it was plugged in, I got the upgrade.