Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Software upgrade for faster performance possible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, there needs to be a degree of elitism in Tesla cars. It's a good thing. The SR must always be the "cheap a$$" Model 3, in the same way I would imagine BMW people driving 3 and 5 series cars would look down on BMW-wannabes driving their "Barely-a-BMW" 1 and 2 series cars.

Since Tesla inexplicably is leaving name badges off the Model 3, there should be a way of easily identifying the Wal-Mart priced Model 3 SR cars from the more expensive ones.

Many BMW drivers tend to have a douchebag mentality. Was hoping Tesla owners didn't think this way but guess since a lot of BMW owners eventually buy Tesla's, the douchery and superiority complex issues never go away.

Reactions: coleAK
Had the performance price drop of $5000 been around when I ordered my LR AWD, I would have gotten the performance model. Offering an uncork would be a way to remedy the pricing issue for AWD owners. Plus, it’d make Tesla money instead of costing them $5000.

They could also offer an uncork for those of us who were burned by being told FSD would cost more if we didn’t buy it right away, only to see people who waited get if for even less. We still have absolutely nothing to show for our purchase of FSD, and uncorking my car would be a non-cost way for them to make that right. All the saltiness I still harbor would be washed away :).

I wonder if any of Elon Musk’s management teams ever actually comb through & read this stuff, and then actually discuss it at Musk’s “round-tables” or quarterly meetings? Or do they spend more of their time & strategies based on the “bug report” analysis / spreadsheets for solutions?