Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar not charging Powerwall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So the system is working correctly, solar charges the Powerwalls during off peak.

if you have this set in anything other than self powered, or backup only, yes. I suspect you are NOT using self powered, or backup only, but are using one of the Advanced modes, which are designed to do precisely what you are describing (send solar to grid during peak to maximize credits).

Right, it would not charge PWs during Peak on Cost Savings for sure. Not sure about Balanced
First is what has a person set the settings for.

I am on balanced, peak, and 100% of home off grid from batteries from 3 to 12pm. The smarts are making this even way into the day. 100% of my solar from 3pm to dark gets sent back to grid for max value. TOU-C no big deal, but EV2-A, big deal

if you have this set in anything other than self powered, or backup only, yes. I suspect you are NOT using self powered, or backup only, but are using one of the Advanced modes, which are designed to do precisely what you are describing (send solar to grid during peak to maximize credits).
Yes I’m on cost savings now that I’m thinking it was a stupid question because why would you charge the Powerwalls at peak.

Last edited: