Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar & Powerwall wiring

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
where would the required solar disconnect switch go? between generation panel and gateway or between inverter and generation panel? are the powerwalls required to be behind the disconnect switch?

upload_2020-6-8_19-57-31.png

where would the required solar disconnect switch go? between generation panel and gateway or between inverter and generation panel? are the powerwalls required to be behind the disconnect switch?

View attachment 549443
Solar has a DC disconnect between panel and inverter (unless microinverters) and an AC disconnect between inverter and panel.

Powerwalls connect directly to the panel.

in my state i have to have a single disconnect switch on the outside by the meter. my inverters will be inside the garage.

so which sided do the powerwalls go? i see them as a generation device that isn't any different between the inverter...

in my state i have to have a single disconnect switch on the outside by the meter. my inverters will be inside the garage.

so which sided do the powerwalls go? i see them as a generation device that isn't any different between the inverter...
In that case likely between the 200A generation panel and the gateway shown in the drawing to deenergize all loads.