Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Roof Install by Tesla Direct or Regional Certified Installer.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all who have performed or are considering the solar roof for their homes. I am inquiring about your experience with Tesla Direct for the install vs regional certified installers. I would like to know the following information; I hope these questions are not redundant because there is specific language to each one (as a point of clarification)
1. Did you choose Tesla Direct for install? If yes, how was the experience? If not, who did you go with and why?
2. When you were considering Tesla direct vs. Regional certified installer, what was the decision/s to go with certified installer? Service? Price?, Timing?
3. Since having the system installed and turned on, how has the support been from which ever installer you went with? Does it go quicker with certified installer?
4. For those who have installed the solar roof, how are repairs, issues handled? I would assume that if going with certified installer, they have to contact Tesla, and then they get parts and permission to replace parts under warranty. Would that be the correct assumption? How has that process gone? Is there a delay since you are not dealing with Tesla Direct?
5. Lastly, for those who were comparing pricing of Tesla Direct vs. Certified Installer, was the scope and cost of the project similar? Was the cost significantly more with certified installer than what it would have cost through Tesla Direct?

Many thanks in advance

Only tesla coordinates "solar roofs". Your questions are applicable for "solar panels" but not solar roof, because tesla coordinates all solar roofs, so the install is "from tesla" for a solar roof.

Your questions also sound somewhat like a market research questionnaire.

Only tesla coordinates "solar roofs". Your questions are applicable for "solar panels" but not solar roof, because tesla coordinates all solar roofs, so the install is "from tesla" for a solar roof.

Hey jjradorin, thank you for your reply. I am a homeowner and your response is actually incorrect. I am not doing market research but asking questions pertinent to tesla solar roof. We are considering putting it on our house and there are Tesla certified solar roof installers around the country. That is why I was asking. I am looking to see if other users on this forum have used a tesla direct install vs. a certified tesla solar roof installer. But... appreciate the response, none the less.

Perhaps as a moderator, you can get a little more current with this information as I am imagining there will be other homeowners asking the same questions I have posted. You can reach out to Tesla and confirm that there are certified installers of the solar roof and post that on this thread for others to pursue as an option to Tesla direct.

There are regional third-party certified installers for the solar roof, such as Tesla - American Home Contractors in my area. I did not use them, and I think that the OP will find that at this time there are very few people who looked at, let-alone chose, one, but they exist. (We never talked to anybody but Tesla.)

Noted, on the third party contractors for the solar roof. Thats the first I have heard of that, but I dont work for tesla or anything.

OP, good luck with getting some information about your fairly detailed information requests. I havent seen anyone here post about a third party solar roof. I have just seen a lot of complaints about tesla raising pricing on solar roofs.