Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar Roof + Powerwalls | Oregon Roof #3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really nice looking house and new roof. What kind of production numbers are you getting ?
It's a 12.3 kWh system, and they estimate it will generate just shy of 11,000 kW annually. Oregon winters (this far north), not much when it's rainy out, but even on cloudy rainy days (unless it's really stormy and dark), I get a little something most days. This week around 3.8kWh / day.

The west side really isn't contributing yet, but I expect it will come into play from April on.

• Informative
Reactions: KJD
Just started with Tesla about a WA install. Did you do power walls?
Yes, three Powerwalls, two Delta inverters, and the Tesla Solar Gateway. Just need to finish cleaning up the drywall now.

E9F3BCFA-EE4B-49DB-AA98-539493B556C8.jpeg

no problem. We know what you meant
It is a beautiful install. Which way do most of the panels face
House is cocked almost exactly 45deg SE. No PV on the street side.
no problem. We know what you meant
It is a beautiful install. Which way do most of the panels face

Thank you. The house is cocked almost exactly 45° NE. No PV on the street side.

595CBE62-B567-41AC-91FE-60358FBBC78C.jpeg

Did you keep your gutters or get new ones? If you got new ones, was it part of the Tesla process (did they help you find someone) or did you have to research it on your own?

I’m pretty sure I will need new gutters and some in-house rewiring when I get my solar roof. Hoping the team already has connections to do the work within the project timeline.

Did you keep your gutters or get new ones? If you got new ones, was it part of the Tesla process (did they help you find someone) or did you have to research it on your own?

I’m pretty sure I will need new gutters and some in-house rewiring when I get my solar roof. Hoping the team already has connections to do the work within the project timeline.

Yeah, that was quite the thing! Granted new crews being trained and deployed here in Oregon – and going fast from project to project. Our gutters really weren't too banged up, but I did have a 5 gallon bucket full of materials that I finally had to clean out after they left. They meant to do that, and I'm sure would have come back, but it was raining pretty hard one weekend, and nearly every down spout was plugged. So I ran a water jet up each spout to clear them, and pulled all kinds of metal, screws, and assorted material out of the gutters.

I know they are talking about taking gutters off before they start on new homes going forward, but as of yet they have not done so.

There was some minor siding damage, but they already have a plan in place to come back and make that right.

Gutters and fascia are dirty, and we now want to paint them black – I feel that will make the roof look bolder and stronger, as the white gutters seem to clash a bit. We need to paint the house in Spring anyway.

There were no extra costs involved in my install. They even reroofed our shed. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: chrstna4