Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SolarEdge monitoring app?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently requested access to the solaredge app from Tesla and they gladly had solaredge send me a signup email. Upon logging in however my system seems to have stopped reporting data to solaredge around November 8th 2019.

I called solaredge and they told me there’s nothing they can do as Tesla is the one who controls the gateway that was sending them data.

when I call Tesla they want to keep reading a speech about how they do not support the solaredge app outside of the initial account setup.

Solaredge did mention that this was occurring for a lot of Tesla customers around that same date. A quick google search also confirms this.

has this impacted anyone else here? Has anyone found a work around? The level of detail in the Tesla app is not enough and it’s a shame Tesla is purposefully blocking the solar edge reporting.

any way to get the panel level detail that the solaredge app provided?

If you have solar and Powerwalls, the Powerwall system will send data to Tesla and you can connect Ethernet to the SolarEdge inverters and they will send data directly to SolarEdge. If you don't have Powerwalls, I don't know if there's a way to send data to both parties since Tesla stopped passing the data on to SolarEdge. There is another thread here about this issue.

If you have solar and Powerwalls, the Powerwall system will send data to Tesla and you can connect Ethernet to the SolarEdge inverters and they will send data directly to SolarEdge. If you don't have Powerwalls, I don't know if there's a way to send data to both parties since Tesla stopped passing the data on to SolarEdge. There is another thread here about this issue.

thanks I’ll try that out using a cable through the window to see how it goes. Unfortunately there’s good way to get Ethernet to my inverter without drilling through concrete walls.