Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solid Black Model X Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
attachment.php?attachmentid=107896.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=107897.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=107898.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=107899.jpg

Awesome!!!
Did you use XPEL? When you say 3/4 wrap, does that mean everything but the rear/trunk? Or you did everything all around but left the top?
Sorry, I'm a noob about this.

Do you have any advice on which paint protection I should go with?

Correct, I didn't have the back bumper, 1/4 panel done. If I do have them wrapped the installer recommended I purchase new emblems hence I chose not to. I might consider the rear bumper.

Reactions: mlouie23

@John Chow your pictures are awesome!
Stupid question but can I ask why you chose the Solid Black over the Obsidian?
We haven't got any X's over in the UK yet (although I did see the Blue Metallic w/Ultra White at Meet Model X).
I need to finalise my spec by this Thursday so i'm ordering blind! For me it's between the Midnight Silver, Obsidian, or Solid Black. I'm already sold on the Ultra White!

I got to see the solid black X sitting inches away from a obsidian X. Originally I was going to go with the obsidian, but after seeing the two directly side by side, it was NO contest. The solid black is a much deeper black, and when polished and protected correctly, looks just like the pictures John posted. The obsidian looked dusty (even though it wasn't). In the sun, yes, it sparkles, but if you're looking for a deep black X, get the solid black.

@John Chow your pictures are awesome!
Stupid question but can I ask why you chose the Solid Black over the Obsidian?
We haven't got any X's over in the UK yet (although I did see the Blue Metallic w/Ultra White at Meet Model X).
I need to finalise my spec by this Thursday so i'm ordering blind! For me it's between the Midnight Silver, Obsidian, or Solid Black. I'm already sold on the Ultra White!

I like solid colors over metallic colors. You can get a much deeper shine with it. Also, the solid black was $1,500 less than Obisdian Black. I used the savings towards the black 22" wheels.